Chapter 28

Tam shoves me back, then quickly walks off, disappearing into the shadows before I can comprehend what he just said.

I was about to kiss him? Isn't that a little gay? 

I fight off the urge to go chase after him, instead heading back to the infirmary to get some sleep. 

Thankfully, no one seems to have notices my absence, but it takes me a while to finally drift off into sleep.

I awaken to find that somehow everyone else is already awake, probably having gone to eaten breakfast. 

I roll up my sleeping bag, slowly taking the route back to my room. But, having nothing to do, my thoughts inevitably wander back to last night. 

I almost kissed Tam the other day.

Suddenly, disjointed memories and blurry colors seem to flood my vision as I try to take it all in. I had felt extremely giddy the entire time.

And gods, my flirting. I never usually flirt like that, so why did I do it with Tam? 

Then we had danced. That had seemed nice.

And when I was about to kiss him. . . 

Tam's eyes are wide as he stares at me, his cheeks slightly flushed from our dancing. 

The depths of his silvery eyes are conveying a message - one that I can't decipher yet.

As I lean in, his lips part slightly and his eyes flutter closed in anticipation of the kiss.

And it really would've been a beautiful moment. 

But, if I had wanted to kiss Tam, a guy, what did that mean?

I pass Fitz's door, glancing in for a second to see him pulling a shirt on, and I catch a momentary glimpse of his well-muscled stomach. A blush rises across my face as I up my pace, running away before Fitz sees me.

As I turn the corner of a hallway, I nearly run into Dex, who gives me a bright, dimpled smile that makes me blush even more. I quickly duck past him, sprinting to my room and locking the door behind me.

Since when did boys get so hot? 

I toss my sleeping bag into the depths of my closet, and pull out my Imparter, quickly dialing Lena.

"Lena, I need your help." I say as soon as she picks up.

"Fuck off." She grumbles, sounding incredibly tired. I resist the urge to flip her off.

"I think I might be gay." I say, in one huge breath.

There's a long silence.

"You're kidding, right?" Lena sounds bewildered, "I've seen how you act with Sophie and the other girls - you're definitely attracted to them, romantically and otherwise."

"But. . ." I let the word trail off, not wanting to endure the embarrassment of admittance to my feelings.

"But?"

"I almost kissed Tam the other day. Also, Fitz is hot and Dex is cute." I feel my face getting hot with another blush. 

Well, it's not like that was sudden, Fitz has always been hot and Dex has always been cute.

But thinking that guys are attractive doesn't mean I'm gay, I've thought that my whole life and I'm not-

Lena ponders on this for another long silence before speaking again.

"I think you're bi."

"Bi?"

"Bisexual," Lena explains, "It means when a person is attracted to two genders. For you, this would be guys and girls."