23 - Dull Mind

...

"Nothing weighs more than an empty soul"

...

The day is saved by both his brother and sister in law who came into his room shortly after the five did. There is a cake on his brother's hand.

"Happy birthday to the one and only Kim Seokjin!"

Jin could only smile at that. The sister comes close to him so does the brother, settling the cake right in front of him on the table with candles lit up.

"Make a wish" the sister says.

Does he even have a wish? He is thinking. A deep thinker he is, he takes the time and everyone in the room patiently wait for him.

"I want to be happy, I want to be free, I don't want to be hurt anymore"

The wish he hopes will come true someday. He blows the candles. Someday it will come true.

"There's a gift at home for you! In two days, you can see it" Yulhee smiles at him as she says that.

He is not anticipated on the gift. There's nothing excites him anymore. He didn't feel anything but to put up a good act, he smiles at that. All of them are walking on eggshells around him.

Jin hates that. Could they be just like they were? The normal ones.

Oh, Yulhee says in two days. It means that he can be home in two days.

"Seungyeonie?" Jin asks.

At the sudden brought of the name, Bangtan froze in their spot. He forgot his own best friend? Why did Jin asked that when he knows exactly what happened to the owner of the name?

"He is sleeping in his room, it's been a long day" Yulhee replies.

The six glares at her. She lied to Jin. Seungyeon is long gone. Why is she lying?

Much to say, there's a huge gap between Bangtan and Jin. They used to have no gap between each other, they were that comfortable with each other but now it feels suffocating.

Long story short, at the end of the day all six of Bangtan went back to their dorm. Even Jimin as Jin urges him to.

December to idols like them is packed with schedules. December is the month that the awards ceremonies cramped close to one another. Jin knows that, he used to be an idol.

Jimin already skipped today's schedule and Jin is not going to allowed hurtful rumours of Jimin being unprofessional chokes the younger just because of himself.

Jin already ruined their image and he is not going to let Jimin ruined their image even more just because everyone treats him as a baby that needs full attention.

...

The night before Jin is release from the hospital, he went to Seungyeon's room. Like usual, he accompany the kid as his mother is at work. They didn't do much. Just talking and drawing some stuff.

"Seungyeon-ah, hyung is going to be discharged tomorrow" Jin says, gathering the kid's attention who is busy drawing with his crayons on a piece of paper.

"Hyung is leaving? Already? Hyung isn't sick anymore?" the tiny kid asks.

Jin nods at that. Somehow he feels sad that the kid this young is stuck in the hospital for god-knows how long it will be.

"I will be boring without you here. I have no friends here" Seungyeon pouts at Jin.

"I will come here everyday for you. Don't worry" Jin smiles while patting the kid's head.