15 - Guarded

...

"The wall that's breaking down"

...

"Thought that he's been doing just fine and happy while being away from us but look at him now, he looks so much different since the last time we met him again" Yoongi says in his soft tone while standing near the wall there.

Each of them lock their eyes on Jin, watching the man sleeping peaceful. At least he didn't let out those painful wheezing sound like awhile ago.

Closing his eyes before opening them again, Hoseok turns his head to Yoongi.

"How do you know where he lives? What makes you have the need to see him at that time?" Hoseok asks, looking carefully at Yoongi demanding for an answer.

Hugging his hands around himself, Yoongi stays silent for the first few seconds before he decided to answer the questions.

"Seokjung hyung called me. He couldn't reached him for three days" Yoongi explains.

"That is all? I know that is not the only reason of why you wanted to see him today especially late at night. If that is the only reason, then you will wait till the morning come or you wouldn't even go and see him" Hoseok says, still looking at Yoongi.

Taehyung on the other hand ignores the two behind him while dragging the chair besides the bed closer to Jin.

Honestly he was scared the moment he saw Jin collapsed right in front of his eyes. Much worse when they're on their way to the hospital, Jin started to shiver even with sweats covering his face. Those painful breathing noises makes the situation to Taehyung's experience worse.

He didn't know what to do other than to hold the elder tight in his embrace while covering him with another layer of sweater. It's the only thing on his mind, to keep his hyung close to him, to warm him up.

He is afraid that if he didn't hold Jin close to him, he will leave him again just like four years ago.

Slowly and gently he takes Jin's hand into his hand. It is interesting to see how small Jin's hand is in Taehyung's hand. After all, Jin's hands is the second smallest in the group but still it is interesting to see how delicate the hand looks like in his hand.

It was then that his finger tips brush the rough surface around the wrist. He has a thought on his mind. He didn't want to think about it.

"He said he was unstable and hyung said he will call on the police to check on him if I wasted the time. The moment he mentioned the police, I know he was desperate" Yoongi says to Hoseok in which Taehyung happened to hear that just right when his finger tips brush passed that rough surface on the wrist.

Slowly turning the wrist to take a closer look, his heart broke into pieces, tears falling down without clear hint of stopping any time soon.

The soft sobbing sound Taehyung lets out from his mouth makes the other two clueless as to the sudden outburst.

Walking closer to Taehyung, Hoseok rubs his back in a gentle way muttering comforting words. The younger must be in shock for what happened.

"He is just sleeping, he will get better" Hoseok says.

It was then that Taehyung meets eyes with both Hoseok and Yoongi. Eyes telling them something but mouth couldn't find the right words to mutter.

"H-he tried to hurt himself" Taehyung replies, tears falling from the corner of his eyes.

Frowning.

Yoongi walks closer as he has a thought on his mind. Straight away reaching for the wrist gently, finally both Hoseok and Yoongi see that.

It looks new, like it has just healed. What struck something in their heart further is, there's not one but more.

He's been self-harming himself. Jin has been hurting himself. How long since he started doing that?

All this time they knew they're hurting, but their mind choose to ignore that Jin is hurting too just like them. They wanted to blame him because he walked away on them years ago.

They can't forgive him for walking away, leaving them without any explanation. They begged for him to at least explain a thing to them so they could understand his decision but Jin didn't do that.

They didn't even realise tears fell from their eyes until Hoseok's phone is ringing.

"Where are you? All three are you. It's almost five in the morning. You went home earlier than us so why aren't you at the dorm?"

It's Jimin. The younger probably worried that all three of them are not at the dorm.

Trying to compose words on his head he looks over at Yoongi who is wipping the tears away wanting some help.

When Yoongi offers his hand to answer the question, Hoseok gladly pass the phone to him.

"Who is at the dorm other than you?" Yoongi starts the conversation by another question instead of replying.

"All of us are here. Namjoon hyung is mad at all three of you for not telling him or even the manager of where you're going" Jimin replies.

"Jimin, go grabs the car keys and drives both Jungkook and Namjoon here" Yoongi says.

"Where exactly are you?" Jimin asks, not understanding the demand.

"Don't tell them, just bring them with you here, SNU Hospital" Yoongi replies.

"W-what happened? Are-" Jimin tries to say but words cut him.

"Be here and I will tell you. Everything is in good hands so drive here carefully. No need to rush" Yoongi says in his calm voice.

Hearing Yoongi's tone, Jimin trust him so quickly he grabs the car keys while dragging both Namjoon and Jungkook by hands towards the parking lot to their car.

...

When they arrived at the hospital, both Namjoon and Jungkook becoming restless well Jimin too because he didn't know what is happening with the three members for them to be here at the hospital.

Walking to where Yoongi said he and the others are, the three of them couldn't stop thinking. It was then that at the front door of a room they saw Yoongi is standing there leaning on the wall with both hands hugging himself.

Looks like he is waiting for them.

Upon seeing Yoongi, all three of them rush forward.

"What happened? Hoseok and Taehyung are alright right?" Namjoon says, he is the first one to speak up.

"They are but-"

A sigh left his mouth.

"But Jin hyung is not" Yoongi says, he could see their expression change within seconds.

There's a mixture of confusion, worried and still the bitterness feeling.

No one says anything as they wait for Yoongi to explain.

"He is needed to stay here for awhile due to his condition. He's having pneumonia on top of having a high fever that needs to be monitored. They give him oxygen therapy to help him breath" Yoongi says as he stands straight ready to let them in, into the room.

Before he slides open the door, he turns his head towards them.

"Be quiet, Taehyung just fell asleep. He broke down awhile ago" Yoongi says in which a second later he lets them in.

Indeed they could see Taehyung is sleeping right besides the bed with his hand holding tight onto the eldest's hand like his life depended on it.

...
So I'll officially be on hiatus until the semester ends or maybe until I finish all my assignments and tests. Until then, see you later 👋🏻 🥰