02 - Mortal

...

"Life brings tears, smiles, and memories"

...

The news.

A friend of his, Seungyeon was dead, he was involved in a fatal accident at night while on his way home from work caused by a drunk driver.

For fuck sake, it was not even Seungyeon's fault but he was gone and the driver wasn't. When was the last time he met him? Jin didn't even remember what year it was when they met again talking about their life.

It felt like just yesterday they meet up for some drinks. His world completely stop working right at that moment try to process everything he read.

It was no way that Seungyeon's mother herself would lie to Jin.

Combining his tiredness and the sudden news, he feels like a big weight was placed on his chest preventing him to properly breathing.

It was supposed to be a successful night of completing the concert but instead he received a sudden news.

Jin asked the management to let him be back to South Korea to see his dear friend for one last time before they buried him, before he can't but they didn't let him.

Jin didn't even get to see his friend for the one last time.

It was because of the management. Jin makes a mental note on his mind that the reason he wasn't able to see Seungyeon for one last time was because of the management.

It happened before, but with different situation. It was in 2017 that the same thing happened for the first time, the management didn't let him to go to his own graduation.

Heck, Jin worked so hard for six years to complete his degree. He wanted to receive the scroll by himself, all the hard work he poured onto. He wanted to see his parents' reaction but they didn't let him go to his own graduation.

His heart broke into pieces.

Jin almost cried in front of everyone with how dejected he felt that day he wasn't allowed to attend his own graduation because of some stupid 'important' music award show in which the next year and years after that they didn't even attend.

The bitterness is still there until today. Jin blamed the management, it was their fault.

On the day he was told that he can't go back to visit his friend, Jin was mad. Really mad, everything is so so unfair to him. He was really mad that even the members were scared to joke around, especially not in that situation.

Namjoon tried to persuade the management to let Jin go back to his hometown, he tried and even Hoseok tried but the management put a no to that. They didn't understand of why the management didn't let Jin go? It wasn't like the next day there will be another concert.

Their next concert was in five days, they had a gap for five days. With the earliest flight that day Jin could have visited his friend however because of the management, he couldn't.

When finally all the concerts in US were completed, without wasting time, Jin took the earliest flight available that day alone, with how much and how long he's been holding on while the others, their whole team took the day after flight back to South Korea.

For as long as he was back at his hometown, Jin completely shut off his phone, he didn't want anyone to disturb him especially whoever in the management team.

The only reason of why they didn't drag Jin from his house is because Jin had the power, Jin had the capability to do something they couldn't imagine. No, not him but his father, his parents.