𝐕. 𝐒𝐨 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

Chapter Five
SO SORRY LOVER

     "She's an absolute bitch!"

     Tory watched as Mara paced in front of her bed. The two were supposed to be hanging out today, but when Tory got there the girl had started to go on a full-on rant.

     "She makes me want to take a knife and gauge her eyes out, cut off her mouth, cut her hands off, and then gauge my own eyes out."

"Woah there." Tory stood up and pushed the girl down so she was sitting on her bed. "Let's calm down a little bit. Did you even talk to Hawk about it?"

"Well yeah. We promised we would communicate more."

"Ok and what did he say?"

Mara looked down and tried to hide her smile. "He said he didn't even notice she was touching him because he was talking about me." Mara laid back on her bed with a dreamy smile.

     Tory sat down beside her and furrowed her eyebrows. "That doesn't sound right at all. Are you sure he was telling the truth?"

     "Of course he was. He said she asked about Cobra Kai and he went on this whole rant about how we're the top students and how I'm so badass." Mara sat up and smiled at her best friend. "I'm so in love."

     Tory cringed. "Yeah in love and very cringe-worthy."

     Mara pushed her shoulder. "The best couples are cringe-worthy." Mara got up and walked over to her radio. Flipping through different channels she sighed as she didn't hear any songs she liked. "I'm so bored." She whipped her head around and Tory flinched. "Let's have a sleepover."

     Tory didn't like that idea all that much. She wanted to have a sleepover with Mara but she didn't think she could leave her family home alone all night.

     "Shit. Never mind. You should probably go home and make sure your mom and brother are ok." Mara grabbed a book from her bookshelf and laid down on her stomach. "We can just hang out for a while longer and I'll take you home."

     Tory bit her lip and looked at the older girl. "I'm in."

     Mara turned to her. "Are you sure? I don't want you to spend too long away from your mom."

     Tory shook her head. "It's just one night. You can bring me home tomorrow morning."

     Mara smiled and grabbed Tory's hands to pull her up. "Great. Now let's have a dance party."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     "We're doing what," Ryan asked his sister over the phone.