𝐗𝐈. 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

Chapter Eleven
WINNER WINNER

    "She apologized to me twice

"She apologized to me twice. And Miguel apologized too."

     Kreese turned to his granddaughter who was sitting in one of the chairs in his office. "This girl bullied you for 10 years, correct?"

     "Well, yeah. But she seemed genuinely sorry. So did Miguel."

     "You're showing weakness. I can guarantee they don't care about what they did to you. They just see you as a threat and they want that threat eliminated. They only apologized after you got stronger and more confident."

     Mara looked down and Kreese smiled slightly. "You're a winner, Mara. A champion. Don't let the enemy weaken you. They don't understand what you've been through. They never will. They don't care about you or what you've been through. But I do. I want to make you stronger and prepare you for anything that the world throws your way. I'm the only one who actually cares. Your father is a terrible man and he's the kind of people I want to protect you from."

Mara looked up at him and nodded. He was right. They just wanted to make her weak. Just like her father does. "I understand."

"Good. Very good."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mara walked into her house after class. Her father was sitting at the table drinking and she rolled her eyes and walked past him.

"What did you do today, slut?"

She glared at him. "Don't call me that."

"Why not? That's what you are."

Mara looked around and her eyes landed on a knife on the counter. She grabbed it and stabbed it right between two of his fingers into the table, causing her dad to freeze in his spot. "I'm not a slut and I'm a better person than you'll ever be. I suggest you shut your mouth around me or I can assure you you'll regret it. Also never touch me again or this knife will go straight through your hand."

She left the room and her father stared at the knife in the table. He placed his glass down and shakily grabbed it. He had no idea what was going on anymore.

"I can't believe he said that." Tory looked at Mara in disbelief as she sat on the girl's bed.

"Yeah, well I can believe it. He says anything that he thinks will hurt me. He would've started physically hurting me more if I didn't stand up to him."

"I say we murder him and frame someone for it." Mara and Tory both looked over at Dylan who was painting her nails. "What? It was just a suggestion. He's a dick. You almost stabbed him anyway."