𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐍𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐀 𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐫

Chapter Sixteen
NO ONE LIKES A LIAR

Mara walked into the dojo to find it almost empty

Mara walked into the dojo to find it almost empty. She sighed and slipped off her shoes. Most of cobra Kai had quit after the fight at the LaRusso house which meant their dojo wasn't as strong as it used to be. That needed to change but Mara had no idea how to do it.

Tory was already there aggressively punching one of the training dummies. Mara frowned and walked behind the dummy holding it for Tory. "You good?"

Tory was about to answer but was cut off by Kyler and his goons laughing. "Yo, I'm telling you, man, when I get to ASU, honeys be lining up for this snack, know what I mean?"

Mara gagged while Tory just glared and marched over to Kyler. "You guys are pathetic. If you'd handled your business, we would have won that fight."

"Okay, whatever, Hawk, he switched sides."

Mara scoffed. "If one person means the difference between you winning and losing you really are a bad fighter. If you can't win on your own, maybe your not a good fit for Cobra Kai."

Tory backed Mara up. "Yeah, and Miguel just got out of a wheelchair and he still kicked your ass. What does that say about you?"

"You know what? At least I'm still here. Half the squad quit."

Mara nodded. "That just means they weren't true Cobras. We'll find people better."

The doorbell rang and right on queue Robby walked into the dojo. Mara smiled at the boy who gave her a small one in return before Tory glared at him. "Well, look who showed up."

Robby just ignored her and kept walking to the back room. Kyler's eyes followed him obviously upset at his presence. "That fool doesn't even practice, but he gets to stay? I don't get it."

Mara crossed her arms over her chest. "Yeah, well you don't get a lot of things, Kyler."

Kyler glared at her. "You wanna say that again?"

Mara looked at him with a blank face. "I said you don't get a lot of things. I didn't know you were deaf too." Kyler stepped closer to her and Mara didn't hesitate to get closer too. "I'm not scared of you Kyler. I will kick your ass with no problem and have you running away like the pussy you are. Stay in your place."

Mara didn't have a problem with Robby. The boy just needed somewhere to stay and Cobra Kai was working for him. If he ended up joining their dojo that would be fine too. He would be an asset.

One that they couldn't deny they needed.

Tory noticed that one of the people who she stopped seeing around the dojo was Dylan. It shocked her because the girl was one person Tory though would never quit Cobra Kai. Dylan told her she really enjoyed karate and it made her feel more in control. If Tory remembered correctly she hadn't seen Dylan around at all after the fight.