𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞

Chapter Seventeen
LOVE AND CHANGE

Gia had never been a leader

Gia had never been a leader. Ever since she came to the Valley she had been constantly trying to find her place. She joined Cobra Kai because her mother thought she needed to leave the house and everyone seemed to be into karate. She joined Miyagi-do because karate became the only way she knew how to keep friends. But now, Georgia Williams was completely and utterly lost.

For the first time in years she had made a genuine connection with someone and she let him go because of her stupid need to fit in somewhere. Gia didn't care about the stupid karate rivalry anymore and she never really did. She just enjoyed being apart of something. She realized she didn't even like karate (in her honest opinion it was incredibly too violent).

All she wanted now was to find herself and rebuild the connections she lost and the ones that could have been. Thats why she was here at the dojo. To take the first step in righting her wrongs.

Daniel Larruso looked at Gia confused as she approached. "Gia you missed the entire practice. Where were you? This isn't the time to slack off, the Cobra Kais are getting stronger and so should we."

She grimaced at Daniel's harsh tone. It seemed like the pressure of combining dojos and working with Johnny was taking a toll on him. "Actually, I came to tell you that I won't be doing karate anymore. I've realized that I don't enjoy it and there are other passions I would rather pursue."

"But Gia, you are such an asset to this dojo. I don't understand why you want to throw away the talent you have when it comes to karate."

"Just because you're good at something doesn't mean you actually enjoy it, Mr. Larusso." She shrugged. "I want to find something that I will actually enjoy doing. I never gave myself the chance to explore when I moved here and doing karate has destroyed my health, mentally and physically. I'm sorry but I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love my spot." With that she smiled sadly and walked away, leaving karate behind and hopefully walking towards a better future.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"I promised Dylan we would hang out after class. I'm thinking a mall trip or maybe just binge-watching movies at your house." Tory was excited for her and Mara to reform their trio with Dylan again. The three hadn't seen each other in weeks.

"Maybe. I don't know If my house is the best place to go considering I strongly dislike everyone there," Mara laughed. "But anything to get away from Kyler and his burrito farts." She shivered and Kyler glared at her.

"I'm telling you, that fiesta burrito? Shit, it was like a party with..." Kyler trailed off and the rest of the Cobras stopped walking seeing Robby in the front of the dojo. "Get a load of this chump. What are you doing here?"