𝐗𝐕. 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥

Chapter Fifteen
DOWNHILL

     Gia didn't know where everything went wrong

Gia didn't know where everything went wrong. All she knew now was that she needed to make it right. After the fight in the LaRusso house where she was left bloody and bruised outside, Gia found that she wasn't angry. After she was cleaned up by Mrs. LaRusso, because she refused to go home or to the hospital, she still wasn't mad. She understood Mara. She understood why Mara hated her. And she was going to do everything in her power to make up for the terrible person she was to her.

And maybe get some Advil for her killer headache.

Now, Gia was supposed to be at the Miyagi-Do dojo for their first combined lesson with Eagle Fang, but she couldn't find it in herself to get back into karate just yet.

She missed Robby, she missed being able to see straight, and she missed how she was before even moving to the valley. So before she even considered going back to karate she had some amends to make.

She was nervous but it was something she had to do. Walking up the driveway she winced at the splitting pain in her temple and slightly limped due to her still healing ankle. She had a container with apple pie in her hands that shook due to the (hopefully temporary) shaking hands she now had.

Knocking on the front door she stood there until it was pulled open so aggressively that it made Gia flinch.

With purple hair and fury in her eyes, Mara glared at Gia who wore a frown. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Mara hadn't stopped thinking about everything that happened. It made her angry.

Well, she was always angry now anyway.

Hawk had betrayed Cobra Kai. Or should she call him Eli now? Which one did he prefer now that he was most likely back with Johnny and a part of Eagle-tooth. She didn't want to admit it but she missed him.

She missed his smile when he looked at her. She missed how it felt when he held her, kissed her. She knew she went too far during the fight, but she never thought he would break up with her. She never thought he would actually not want anything to do with her.

When Tory had told her what Hawk said, Mara was heartbroken. Her best friend wanted nothing to do with her. She thought she could physically feel her heart breaking.

Mara was strong enough to not grab the new bottle of alcohol in the fridge to help with her feelings. And she knew it wouldn't be smart to open a bottle of her dad's pills. She was even debating using the lighter in her room because no one would see the burns if she hid them well enough, but Ryan had walked in at just the right time to stop that habit before it even started.

She would have to stick to working out. At least it had more than one benefit and Mara thought it was a healthier decision too.

Grabbing her karate bag Mara headed to the kitchen to grab her keys when there was a knock on the door.  Frustrated, Mara ran a hand through her ponytail and went to look through the small peephole on the front door.