𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐲

Chapter Twelve
IM SORRY MOMMY

⚠️This chapter contains physical and emotional abuse

⚠️This chapter contains physical and emotional abuse. ⚠️

     "So this is the guy that founded Miyagi-Do?"

     "That's Mr. Miyagi," Sam told Miguel as he looked at the man's picture that was hanging on one of the walls. "He taught my dad everything he knows."

     "Like how Sensei Lawrence learned everything from Kreese."

     "Mr. Miyagi was nothing like Kreese."

     "You can say that again." Ryan walked into the dojo holding a glass of lemonade. A cookie was in his mouth. "Oh, by the way, Sam, you're out of lemonade. And cookies."

     Sam chuckled at Ryan and looked back at Miguel. "Miyagi taught karate the right way, focusing on defense."

     "Yeah, but sometimes the best defense is more offense."

     Sam sighed. "This is the problem. Our styles are so far apart. Your Sensei will never see eye-to-eye with my dad."

     "I think it's the other way around."

     "What's this?" Sam and Miguel turned their heads to see Ryan looking at something on one of the shelves. Miguel didn't recognize what it was either.

     "That's an Okinawan hand drum."

     Ryan picked it up and tapped it a few times. "What does it do?"

"I'll show you." Sam gestured for Ryan to come over to her. "Try and hit me."

"I'm not gonna try to hit you."

"What? Scared you'll get beat by a girl?"

Ryan breathed deeply. "No, I'm more scared that I'll hurt you really badly. Did you forget I'm a quarterback?"

"Just hit me, Ryan."

He threw a punch at her and Sam blocked it. He threw another one and she blocked it again. "I still don't get what the drum has to do with this."

Sam shook her head. "I'm gonna go put this back in the kitchen." Sam grabbed the empty lemonade glass from Miguel's hand and left the dojo.

     Ryan turned to Miguel and grabbed the boy's hands. "So I've been thinking."

     "Oh no. We're doomed."