𝐗. 𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐨𝐬

Chapter Ten
OBSTACULOS

     Ryan parked his car in front of the school and got out

Ryan parked his car in front of the school and got out. Miguel got out too and Ryan grabbed his hand as they walked into the building.

Over the past few weeks, the two had spent a lot of time together and they decided to take their relationship slow. They weren't dating again, but they were in love with each other and wanted to show that.

Miguel paused at the front doors and Ryan squeezed his hand encouraging him. It was clear the boy was nervous to be back. They walked through the security check and applause erupted as everyone caught sight of Miguel.

     The boy smiled nervously as people came up to him and congratulated him. None of these people even knew who he was before the accident and Miguel honestly felt weird.

Ryan squeezed Miguel's hand and pulled him away from the group of people. "El serpiente!" Ryan sighed as he watched Hawk walk up to Miguel and hug him.

     "What's up?"

     "Welcome back, man."

     "Feels good to be back."

     "Did they give you bionic legs or some shit like that?"

     Miguel laughed and looked down at his legs. "No, same old boring human legs."

     "Oh, yeah? Can you throw down? Gotta defend that title. Gotta get through me first. Dude, Cobra Kai is crushing it right now."

     Ryan rolled his eyes and Miguel's smile dropped. A hand placed itself on Hawk's shoulder and Mara came up beside him smiling at her brother and Miguel. "Look who's back. The liar and the cheater."

     Miguel frowned and Ryan glared at Mara. "He didn't cheat Mara. Sam came onto him and he pushed her off. I just didn't see the whole thing."

     Mara nodded and turned to Miguel. "So just a liar then?"

     "Look Mara I'm sorry for not telling you about Kreese. I realize how wrong of me it was to keep you from your family member. I really did want to tell you."

     Mara's smile dropped and she stood up a little straighter. "Well, thanks for apologizing. Haven't heard many of those." She looked at Ryan from the side of her eye and the boy looked down.

     The bell rang and all of them looked up. "I need to talk to you guys at lunch. About Cobra Kai."

     Ryan and Miguel walked off hand in hand and Hawk pulled Mara with him. She looked at him confused. "We don't have first period together."