𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠

Chapter Nine
THANKSGIVING

     Mara woke up to a sudden pressure on her stomach

     Mara woke up to a sudden pressure on her stomach. She groaned and opened her eyes. Hawk shifted from beside her too and opened his. "Wake up, lovebirds!"

Mara looked up at her cousin, Ace. It was Thanksgiving the next day and Ace along with her aunt had come to town. Mara just wasn't expecting them to come so early in the morning.

"What the hell, Ace! Can't you see we're trying to sleep?"

"Can't you see I don't care? We have to go shopping early! All the ladies will be out on their morning runs."

Mara rolled her eyes and laid back down beside Hawk, burying her face into his neck. "Hold on a second. Eli? What the hell did you do to yourself? Is that a tattoo?"

Mara kicked blindly and Ace groaned as he fell off the bed, holding his stomach. "Bitch."

     "Dick." Mara got out of bed and walked over to her closet. Grabbing some clothes she walked into the bathroom. "Give me 20 minutes." She shut the door and Ace pushed himself off the floor.

     "Twenty minutes for what?" He turned to Hawk who was sitting up in bed. "The tattoo is horrible by the way. Really? A hawk out of all things?"

Ace got up from the floor and sat at Mara's desk. Twirling around in the desk chair he looked around her room. "I remember it being way lighter in here. Is she emo now or something?"

     Hawk looked at Ace confused. "Um, no."

     "Bummer."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mara's hair blew in the wind as she drove down the street. Her sunglasses sat firmly on her face and her window was down letting out the smoke from Ace's cigarette.

Hawk sat in the backseat since Ace called shotgun, and he glared at the curly-haired boy who was also wearing sunglasses. "I still don't get why I had to sit in the back."

"That's your punishment for getting that stupid ass hairstyle." Ace took another hit of his cigarette and turned to Hawk with a smile. "It's your fault, not mine."

"Can you stop, Ace? I like his hair."

"Your only saying that cause you're in love with him. I see it for how it actually is. I'm a non-biased source since I didn't like him as Eli and I still don't like him now."

Mara rolled her eyes and snatched the cigarette out of his hand, taking a drag, and handing it back. She blew out the smoke and looked at her cousin unimpressed. "That's the exact definition of being biased. You're only insulting him because you never liked him."