Choice

A/N:(For whoever read before the editing) I made a small change in the "Ocean Eyes" Chapter :D +Would appreciate it if you vote 🦧😀💜

A knock on your door woke you up from your sleep, you groaned and opened the door to Eren "It's time, get ready." You nodded and he walked away as you got your clothes and changed and combed your hair since it was all messy "Grandpa... I'm going to be in the Scouts soon!" You smiled and headed out the door and met with the rest "You're really choosing the survey corps?" Jean asked you and you nodded "Yes". Everyone met up and stood in position, "Dedicate your hearts!" everyone put their fist on their chest "Today, you trainee graduates will be given three choices. You can join the Garrison, protecting towns and reinforcing walls. Or the Survey Corps, who risk their lives beyond the walls, in Titan territory. Or the military police, who serve the king, lead the people, and protect internal order. Of course, only the top 10 students whose names are announced can join the military police." they announced.

'Finally. I've made it this far' you thought and smirked, "10. Sasha Blause 9. Connie Springer 8. Marco Bott 7. Jean Kirschstein 6. Eren Jaegar 5.Annie Leonhart 4. Bertholdt Hoover 3. Y/N L/N 2. Reiner Braun 1. Mikasa Ackerman" They announced the top 10 and you smiled widely when you heard your name 'How did I manage to pass Annie?' you shook your thoughts away and stared at the necklace in your hand. After that, everyone headed to the cafeteria to celebrate "Y/N! You passed Annie!" Eren put his arm around your shoulder "I did..!" you smiled and sat down next to Jean. Everyone was excited especially the ones in the top 10, you heard Jean who was next to you mumble "How did I score lower than Eren? Damn it!" you chuckled a little at his words and saw how he gulped down his drink. You walked over to Eren, Mikasa, and Armin who were talking with some other two guys. "You're really not joining the Military police Eren!? You trained hard for the top 10" you heard the guy with freckles say and you stood next to Eren "I wasn't training to live in the interior. I was training to fight titans." Eren responded and the guys began telling him he would get killed, you know as they always say...

When the guy raised his voice at Eren many people turned around and stared "You know how much of us humans have been eaten by them! Humans can't defeat titans." he stared into Eren's eyes as he said those words making you grit your teeth, you were about to speak up but Eren beat you to it "So? If you think we can't win, will you just give up? " Eren walked closer to them "I know humanity has only suffered defeat until now. But we didn't know anything about titans then! Will you let the titans eat you without a fight? No! I am going to exterminate all of the titans, and escape these cramped walls. That is my dream...Humanity isn't finished yet!" everyone stared at Eren which made him realize the situation and he ran off. Mikasa, Armin, and you followed him outside and he was sitting on the stairs, it looked like he had been crying.

You all sat next to him and stared at him "I'm joining the Survey Corps." you all turned wide-eyed to the person who spoke and it was Armin "Are you serious Armin?" Eren looked concerned "You have a perfect test score use that!" you said as you felt worried for him  "No." Armin said in a serious tone "I'm also joining the Survey Corps" Mikasa added. "What? Join the military police! You're in the top 10!" Eren stared at her in disbelief as you looked at Armin with worried eyes. "Only if you join, I will." She replied "I don't want to lose any more family" Your eyes left Armin's face and you looked over at Mikasa, you didn't know much about her and now you wanted to. You smiled to yourself and looked at the wall and then at the stars with them. "Should we go now?" Mikasa asked "Yeah... It's late. Tomorrow is a big day" Eren looked at you and smiled as he walked away with Mikasa and before Armin could join him you grabbed onto his shirt and slightly pulled him back.

"W-what?" Armin faced you "Are you sure about joining the survey corps?" you held his soft hands and the facial expression you had on made him know that you were really worried "Yes Y/n I know that's what I want" He gave a slight squeeze to your hand and started walking away "B-but there's another option!" you semi yelled "I don't want that other option" He turned around and walked back over to you "It'll be better if you join the Garrison!" you took a few steps closer "I want to be in the survey corps" Armin said seriously "No. You can't." You glared at Armin and he took steps forward "Why are you against my choice?" Armin furrowed his eyebrows. "Because! I don't want you to die! We've had enough moments together for you to die in the Survey Corps!" you quickly sat down not wanting to see his reaction.

"I'll be okay y/n, I promise." Armin sat next to you and slipped his hand in yours "You promise?" you stared into his blue eyes and he nodded. You stared at the stars a little more while your hand stayed in Armin's "We should rest y/n" his voice sounded tired so you quickly agreed and you both parted ways. Finally some sleep! You changed into pajamas and you even skipped your night routine and just went to sleep immediately.

In the morning you and the rest went to the entrance of the walls to see the scouts, Commander Erwin and Captain Levi were on their horses and they looked different, now they sure have seen stuff. "Nothing has happened in the past 5 years!" A girl said and all turned to her "They even improved the fix cannons" You all smiled at her but as most of time yours wasn't real.

You were on top of the walls and many were there too. Eren's speech really convinced people? You mentally scoffed and suddenly Sasha came in with meat as everyone looked shocked and scared "You'll end up in jail!" Eren panicked "I'll help you hide it," you said and rushed over to her as the rest looked like they were about to faint "Finally! Someone who thinks well!" Sasha sighed and you giggled. "We can split it. It's fine! When we retake the wall we'll raise cows and sheep again" you said and looked up at them as you helped Sasha and everyone started agreeing and you looked over at Eren.

 "I want some too..." He looked like he was trying to hold in his words but eventually, they did come out. "Well let's get to work or we will get caught then!" Connie said and you all nodded. You were walking towards Eren "We can win" you heard him say as you made your way to him but then a sort of lightning strike appeared, your eyes widened, your jaw dropped, your heart beat fast, and there you met again with the Colossal Titan. A strong hot wind threw you off but before it did you used your gear and held onto the wall. You started climbing up, you heard Eren's reaction and looked at the wall...there was a hole... the titans... the memories...everything rushed back into your brain and you shouted in anger.

(1.2k)