Risky

You and Armin soon stopped crying and you both just sat there staring at nothing, somehow you were both lucky since not even one titan went your way. From the corner of your eye with your blurred vision, you saw Armin being shaken and then you were suddenly also being shaken. You stayed still and didn't react at all. You heard Armin's voice and he began speaking but everything sounded so distant... The conversation that the two people were having right next to you sounded so far away. You felt a sting on your cheek and that's when your vision and hearing were all back to normal again "Get a hold of yourself! Why are you both here alone? Where's the rest of your team?" you looked up at Connie and you let out a big sigh "Why does Armin have some sort of slime on him? What happened?" he asked and Armin slightly jumped and began screaming and it hit you all again. You covered your ears and you began crying hysterically again  "H-hey! Calm down, guys!" Connie sounded scared and you held your knees to your chest.

You've never felt so weak... Only when your grandfather died but reliving the feeling felt worse. You heard a female voice "They're all dead except them" she said "You don't know that! They didn't say anything" Connie shouted "Please... it's obvious. They're the only ones that survived" You heard her scoff "B-but Y/n is understandable but Armin?" Connie said "Maybe she protected him," She said "Anyways we can't leave you guys here... can you guys stand up?" Connie extended his arm out to the both of you. 

Your shaking hand reached out "I-I'm sorry for causing trouble... I'll go meet up with the rearguard" Armin stuttered out and he walked away like a zombie, you stood up slowly your legs slightly shaking. "Armin!" you yelled out your throat hurting from all the screaming and loud crying "Will you follow him?" Connie asked "I...No... I'll catch up to you guys later I just need time to get back to my normal self..." you said as Connie nodded and you watched as they left "Well if I die, I die..." you whispered to yourself as you sat down on the edge of the roof.

"Eren...Grandpa...I promise I'll avenge you both." you clenched your fist and felt adrenaline rush through you as you took out your blades and went in the opposite direction of where Connie went. Even though you knew you weren't following the plan by being by your new team you went off on your own to look for people in need of help. You went pretty far and went to where the people were being evacuated, you heard people screaming and noticed a titan from afar, you also noticed guys from the garrison. The titan was ignoring them which meant it was an Aberrant...

You quickly passed the Garrison's and deeply sliced the titan's nape and stood on its head when it fell as the people stared at you "What are you doing?" you asked a guy since there was a big cart/wagon that didn't allow anyone to pass "Perfect! You there! Make them help us! We'll pay you well" the big man shouted and your eyes widened. You lowered your blades and spoke up in an annoyed tone "Right now, I witnessed my friends dying. Because the people haven't evacuated, they're dying fighting the titans" You glared at the man "It's your job to sacrifice yourself! To protect us! You think you're so special just because you're finally being useful!" the man yelled out and you tried your best to not let your emotions get the best of you.

Your eyebrow raised and you jumped off and walked towards the man at an angered pace "Sometimes a single noble sacrifice can save many lives." you continued walking unbothered as he began yelling at you and threatening you that he knew your "boss" and would talk to him. Two men beside him charged at you and you flipped both of them over with one hand and continued walking "How would a corpse talk..?" you glared and slightly smirked and his eyes widened with fear as you raised your blade "W-wait!" He stuttered as you stopped your blade right in front of his neck "M-move the c-cart!" he moved his eyes to one of his workers and you removed the blade and watched as they moved it and the people could finally leave. "Thank you!" "You saved us!" A little girl and her mother said and you turned to look at them which caught you off guard and you did the salute and smiled at them kindly as you turned your heel and began walking away.