Flashbacks

"The titans are going to come in!" Eren yelled as you huffed angrily and went up to the wall and ran to the titan "Watch out!" Eren yelled out as you used your gear to pull yourself back and watched how the colossal titan destroyed the canons. You used your gear to move toward the titan "This one's mine!" you yelled out "Sorry Y/n but I'll take this one." Eren stayed in the air as the titan turned to look at him and reached for him. "Dammit Eren!" You still ran towards it and saw Eren about to slice its nape but some sort of wind or steam came in and pulled Eren back so you went ahead and yelled angrily as you aimed for its nape and when you thought you had sliced it, it was gone...? 

You and Eren looked at each other shocked and began falling but managed to get to the wall "I-it vanished?" Eren stuttered out and you nodded slowly in shock "Did you guys defeat it?" someone yelled from the top of the wall "No!" you yelled back disappointed "It's the same like 5 years ago... It appeared and just vanished!" Eren added "Dammit! I let it get away" You cursed at yourself as someone spoke up "N-no! It's not your fault. We didn't even move..." they said "No time for discussion. The wall's been breached, we need to patch it before the titans start getting in like before" Connie said as he furrowed his eyebrows and someone from Garrison appeared, and you all quickly did the salute "Get to HQ! If you made contact with it report it" he said "Yes sir!" you all said loudly.

Everyone was in a rush and you saw Armin struggling with something "Armin! Are you alright?" you asked worried "I-I'm fine" he replied and of course, he obviously wasn't... you even saw that he was sweating already "We c-can't seal the whole, we'll have to a-abandon the town" Armin was now shaking more than he already was. "They'll come in soon! They can wipe out humanity whenever they want!" he cried out and you softly held his wrist to stop his shaking "Armin! Calm down, things are different now. We won't be defeated anymore..!" Eren yelled at Armin and you pulled Armin close to you "I-I'm sorry. I'm Alright-" Armin stuttered out as you slightly glared at Eren and you whispered to Armin "You'll be alright. We'll be alright Armin we got this." you smiled at him even though you knew it probably wasn't the best time to.

"It's okay to be scared, Armin. Hell even I'm slightly scared and nervous but we have to get our shit together or else we'll really die" You put your hands on Armin's shoulders and he stared at you wide-eyed and nodded. Everybody quickly gathered at the HQ "You'll be in groups! The Garrison's will form the vanguard! Trainees and supply guards will be the middle guard. The Garrison's will be in the rear guard! The titans have entered now! Which could mean the Armored titan could come in to destroy the inner gate!" The Garrison team said and you looked around to see many people with scared faces. When he finished all did the salute and everyone rushed to their places, people were vomiting, others crying, and others were still in shock. 

While you were walking you heard loud voices and turned to see Eren and Jean arguing so you walked towards them and stood next to Mikasa who was watching too "What's going on now?" you asked Mikasa in a low tone "Just the same. Eren's giving a speech now again..." she replied and he sure was... but somehow Eren's speeches changed people's mind. When their fighting was over Mikasa walked up to him "Eren come find me if the fighting gets fierce" She told him 'What?' you thought and furrowed your eyebrows and walked up closer to them "I'll protect you." Mikasa said as Eren looked angry and confused at the same time and for some reason, you felt anger at her words 'He can protect himself' you thought but you actually scoffed out loud.

"Trainee Ackerman, you're in the rearguard. Follow me." A garrison came up and Mikasa started making up excuses which only made them slightly angry. Eren then suddenly hit Mikasa's forehead with his own which caught you off guard and made you jump slightly and he started yelling at her. "I'm sorry but... please don't die," She said and Eren scoffed and walked away and you patted her back and followed him. You guys were on the same team so you walked beside him "Oh Eren! I'll protect you too~!" you said in a high-pitched voice trying to mock Mikasa and you rolled your eyes at the end of your act.

"Psh- Hi Mikasa" Eren joked and nudged you "Wow- Are you that weak that Mikasa has to protect you? I thought she was your mom for a second or something... "Don't DiE EreN" ." you still mocked and then Eren stopped which made you bump into his back and he faced you. He walked closer to you and just stared into your eyes, you stared at him awkwardly thinking you might've made him mad so you poked his cheek. "Huh?" he asked confused "You looked serious. I thought doing that would get you back to normal" You shrugged your shoulders and continued walking to your team "Armin!" you yelled out and ran towards him as he smiled and jogged to you "You should stay with me! I can help you kill titans or I'll just kill them all for you!" you said as you held onto his hands and Eren looked bewildered. "It's fine y/n" Armin softly smiled at you, you didn't want to admit it but Armin looked weak in your eyes or maybe in everyone's eyes...and you knew he could get killed quickly and you didn't want that.

"Hey Armin, this is a great chance if we succeed here before joining the survey corps we'll definitely rise through the ranks!" Eren smirked "You're right." Armin smiled. "Let's see who can kill more titans~" A blonde guy who you then found out was named Thomas said "Don't pad your numbers" Eren chuckled "We got this." You clenched your fist and smirked at your team. Your team was sent to the vanguard and you all rushed there. Everyone then looked scared when they saw the titans ahead. While rushing a Titan jumped out of nowhere and you shifted your gear to another building and when everyone got there you thought you were all safe but when the titan's head pooped out... he had Thomas in his mouth...

Now your teammates' eyes filled with fear and you shouted in anger and ran to it through the buildings "Y/N!" you heard Armin call out to you and Eren shouted and followed behind. You heard Eren's name being yelled out and you turned around and saw Eren lying on a building...? You gritted your teeth and you tried to quickly go and kill the titan that ate Thomas since he was pretty far away. You thought your teammates would help Eren, but there were more titans ahead and you heard screams so you went back and while you tried making your way back, you noticed that you didn't see your team from the distance.

Your eyes quickly searched for Armin while you were in the air and you saw him, a titan had him right above his mouth "ARMIN!" You yelled out and tried going quickly toward him. You saw as he fell into the titan's mouth, his scream filled your ears and you let out a horrible scream, exactly like the day you saw your grandfather being eaten... You were in a shocked state and stood mid-air, your gear connected to 2 buildings, you looked at the ground and began chuckling... "I'm alone! I'm all alone now...!" You laughed loudly like a crazy person. You noticed a titan coming your way "Come on eat me!" you waved your arms at it and laughed, your head quickly shot up when you heard Eren yell and you saw Armin flying out of the titan's mouth and land on a house. Your eyes widened and you felt yourself go back to normal and cut the arm off of the titan that was about to grab you and you sliced its nape deeply and made your way toward Armin. You were confused when you saw Armin staring into the titan's mouth and you approached slowly...

You noticed Eren was inside its mouth "EREN!" you shouted out and ran quicker, you reached out for his hand at the same time Armin extended his and you saw the Titan close its mouth and gulp him down. Armin's scream filled your ears and you fell onto your knees, you cupped your face and felt hot tears go down your cheeks.

You tried making it on time to get him out but you were too late... but Armin? He stood there longer. Anger rushed to your head and you pushed Armin roughly "WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP HIM!?" You cried out and weakly punched at his chest. He pulled you into his arms and you both loudly cried...

A/N:pls vote :D 💜💜