Chapter 30

WHEN WE WALKED out of the ballroom, Giovanni placed his hand on my lower back

I shoved his hand off, pulled out my blade then pinned him up against the wall with the blade pressed against his neck.

"Don't fucking touch me." I snapped.

He smirked, twisting my arm, he yanked the blade away from my grip, spun us around then pressed the sharp blade against my neck.

"Feisty." He teased.

I rolled my eyes and then aggressively pushed him away from me. I grabbed my blade out of his hand and then tucked it back under my dress.

"Dick."

I walked past him and marched over to my car.

I pushed the start button and the engine roared to life, turning my head. Giovanni's car pulled up beside me, he rolled down his window and I did the same.

We glared at each other, dark amusement filled his eyes.

I broke eye contact and sighed, waiting for Giovanni to lead the way. His car drove down the street and waited for me in front of a stop sign. I shifted my gear and then followed him from behind.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

We both glare at each other. Not saying a single word. All you could hear was the ticking of the clock. We are currently in his office in New York, he said that we needed to talk somewhere safe and quiet. I suggested we go back to my hotel but he said the place might be bugged so it's better if we talk at his office. I'm trying so hard to keep myself from blowing his brains out.

But of course, he doesn't trust me so he took all my weapons.

Dick.

I raised a brow as he took a sip of his Scotch whisky.

"We both have our differences," he says as he places his empty glass on the table. "We have to put that aside now." Giovanni pointed out. I laughed. This asshole.

"You disappeared for four months, four fucking months Giovanni! Fooled me that you faked your death and decided to come back like none of this happened therefore have the mother fucking audacity to show up and tell me 'we should put our differences aside!" I yelled.

"Now tell me Giovanni why would I put our differences aside? Please enlighten me." I declared and smiled.

"We both want something." He said. "But we can't get what we want if we don't work together."

What does he want that I want as well?

"I want my brother dead." He started as he unbuttoned his shirt halfway. "And so do you," Giovanni says, pointing his finger toward me.

I was about to speak but he beat me to it. "You killed Esmee didn't you?" He informed me.

"How do you know about that and how aren't you affected by it?" I asked. He chuckled. "Word spreads fast Gabriella and I'm not the same man as before."