Chapter 40

I PULL THROUGH the gates at Antonio's, one hand on the wheel, other on the white center console of the 720S

There are cars already parked around back of the stone mansion, a guard pacing the length of the building, pulling on a cigarette as he does his rounds. I see my fathers black M5

It's nearly midnight.

I received a call from my father saying that he wants to meet up with me at Antonio's place. Telling me that it's urgent and that I should get here as fast as possible.

It's strange to receive a call from my father late this night but I'm assuming it's family business so I can't question him on that.

Unbuckling my seat belt I open the car door and step out of it. Shutting it behind me I tuck my keys into my pocket and proceed my way into the house. Once I step inside the break house the guard shuts the door for me and I continue to walk down the endless foyer, turning to my left I opened the door that led to Antonio's office. As I expected I find my father and Antonio seated on the couch next to the lit fireplace place.

"Ah, Giovanni." My father calls out, gesturing for me to take a seat across from them. I shut the door behind me and sank down on the couch. The room is silence as you could hear the fire wood crackling and fathers heavy breathing.

Antonio leans back on the couch with his arms spread wide. "How've you been Giovanni?" He questions with his cool tone yet bitterness swam in his green pools. "I've been alright." I simply answer, avoiding his bitter gaze.

I didn't come here or cause a fight with my jealous young brother. I had to wake up in the middle of the night and leave Gabriella in bed so whatever they called me for better be fucking good.

Father rubs his hands on his thighs over his black pants and meets my gaze. Blowing out a breath he didn't know he was holding he clears his throat before speaking.

"Son, Antonio called this meeting to tell us some information that he recently found out." My father explains. My eyebrows narrowed as I dart my gaze back and forth between my brother and my father. Antonio quietly sits there gawking at me with a haunting grin as he awaits for my father to share the news with me.

"What did he find out?" I ask, eager to know. "It's about Sangriento..." he trails of slowly and my heart skips a beat. "And your sister." He adds quietly, avoiding my gaze.

I frown.

Gabriella and Annah?

"What about her papá?" I urge.

"Antonio found out that the person behind the kill of Annah's death was Gabriella Sangriento. She anonymously sent her goons to kill both you and her but they only managed to succeed with Annah." He explains.

Everything around me falls away as the buzzing in my ears gets louder by the second. My heart drops and mouth instantly turns dry as I stare into space. Processing the information in my head.

Gabriella is responsible for my sister's death?

It's can't be.

I refuse to believe it.

All this time I thought it was a hit for me but instead it accidentally went for Annah. All this time. It was her. She was just right there, smiling at me. Drawing me to her web and I allowed her to intoxicate me with her poison. Feed into the the delusion.

Gabriella...

The woman I have fallen for.

"You're lying." I snapped, glaring at Antonio. He shoots his eyebrows up and gasp. "How could I lie of such brother. Are you in denial because you're in love with Gabriella?" He asks. A smug grin stretched across his lips.

"What?" Father blurts out shockingly. "Is it true. Are you in love with her. Giovanni didn't I tell you to stay away from that woman. She's a Sangriento for crying out loud. Her family is responsible for the deaths of ours. She carries the blood for our family, for your sister."

Running my hand through my hair I rise from the couch.

"Where are you going!? I'm talking to you!" My father yells as he watches me walk away from him.

I have to clear my head.

Storming out of the house I unlock the car and slammed the door once I entered the vehicle.

Anger, confusion, pain and disbelief all washed through me like a strong wave.

If this is true I have to find out myself. Turning the car on I shift the gear and pull
Out of the driveway. Driving down the road with full speed not caring if I crash the car.

If this is actually true, I don't know what I'll do to her.