Chapter 17

"GIOVANNI CARSON IS DEAD

"GIOVANNI CARSON IS DEAD."

I don't say a word. I'm completely froze on the spot. How could he be dead? How is it possible? It doesn't make sense.

I completely claimed Giovanni which means he's untouchable. Or maybe...

"How?" I simply question. "He was shot by a female named Esmee Badeaux at his sister's funeral. She was last seen with a man that was wounded as well, he goes by the name Antonio Carson. Giovanni's brother" Chiara explains.

My mood shifts as I feel my blood boil from anger as a small smirk creeps its way onto my lips. "That little bitch." I whisper to myself. "Where is she?" I ask Chiara. I hear fidgeting in the background, I quietly and patiently wait for her to respond. "Uh, we don't know." She nervously speaks, swallowing her words.

"Five hours." I simply say that she has five hours to find her location. I drop the call and shift my attention to Theo.

"Uh-oh, who are we going to kill?" Théodore teased.

"There is no we." I pointed out, he rolled his eyes.

I fixed myself and then marched out of the room.

"Where are you going?!" Théodore announced from the other room. "Away from you," I yelled. "I need your help, remember!"

I stopped in my tracks and mentally slapped myself. I turned on my heel and walked back to the room Théodore is in.

Leaning against the door frame I raised a brow. "What?"

"Okay, I agree. I left you during shitty times and that was a dick move." He explained. I rolled my eyes. "No shit," I mumbled.

I might act like I don't care but I do.

It's a strange feeling, I haven't felt like this in years. He's my younger brother, we might have not gotten along as kids but I was glad that he sent that picture.

What still bothers me is, why did he run away at such a young age, and where was he all these years?

"All I'm asking is this one favor to help me and I'll be out of your hair." He promised.

"What did you do?"

"I was sent to kill Alexei Semenov but unfortunately it was unsuccessful now they are coming after me. I've been on the run for 4 weeks. Now you are the only person I can ask for help." He explained, pacing back and forth.

Alexei Semenov the Russian don. He's a cruel motherfucker. I don't have anything against the Russians, surprisingly we are actually 'friends' and it's been like that for ages. Three decades ago the Sangrientos and Semenov were at war with the French, so the two mafias made a truce and defeated the French mafia together.

He suddenly stopped in his tracks and glanced out the window.

"Shit."

Théodore grips my wrist and starts to walk, I follow behind and we both cross the hallway and pass a couple of rooms then duck behind the closet door.

"What is going on?" I whispered.

"They found me." He said, stressfully tucking the edges of his hair.

I slapped the back of his head.

"You're a fucking idiot." I bawl. "Who sent you to assassinate Alexei?"

"Don't worry about it." I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Now, I have to clean your  fucking mess." I spat bitterly.

I check the corner of my eyes and I notice the man is slowly heading our direction, he had an AK-47. ( Nice )

I turned to Théodore.

"Do we have ammo?"

He shook his head, "No."

I groaned in frustration. 

"Brace yourself, things are about to get ugly." 

A U T H O R ' S   N O T E

Hey there, as you can tell this chapter is extremely short. So that means there will be a chapter uploaded tomorrow. Thank you again for the love and support you've been giving me. I love you all and take care.