Chapter 31

"This is bullshit

"This is bullshit." Enzo barked slamming his fist on the table.

Oscar rolled his eyes and continued to scroll through his phone.

Gabriella and Giovanni are outside as they talk privately. When they spilled the beans about them working together I was happy.

Finally Chiara and don't have to be a secret. I'm tired of all the sneaking around and lying. It's exhausting but we shouldn't tell everyone that we are together immediately, they will obviously find out that we were together before the alliance.

"Are you always like this?" Oscar questioned, setting his phone on the table.

I leaned against the window frame with my arms crossed as I watched Oscar and Enzo.

Chiara mumbled something under her breath before she approached Oscar.

"Leave him alone." She whispered to Oscar.

Oscar placed his hand on Chiara's back and jealousy washed over me. I locked my jaw and clenched my fist, fighting the urge to break this guy's hand.

Chiara turned to me with a smile then narrowed her eyebrows when she realized I didn't smile back.

She quickly realized what I was looking at. She immediately removed his hand and stepped back.

"How will we manage to work with these unbearable shit heads." Enzo questioned as he stood beside me.

"They aren't shit heads Enzo." I answered absently.

Enzo chuckled darkly then rolled his eyes. "Alright then you prefer fartknockers."

I turned to him with a cold expression. "Grow the fuck up, dick." I snapped then walked away.

I approached Oscar and Chiara and they both stopped talking then turned to me with a confused expression.

"Hi."

"Hey." Oscar greeted with confusion.

"I apologize for Enzo's childish behavior." I declared.

Oscar's gaze shifted to Enzo then back at me. "So you are a nice guy." He pointed out. "You do realize I'm the same guy who tried to kill you and your boss, including sabotaging your business." He chuckled.

I scratched the back off my neck and replied. "Yes, but we will be working together so why not start afresh."

Chiara and Oscar shared a look.

"He's right." Chiara spoke as she looked at me.

I smirked and her face turned deep red.

Oscar cleared his throat.

"Why can't your friend come to his senses?"

I turned to Enzo who was glaring at us, I rolled my eyes.

"He will, but it will take time." I said.

I might hate this but I have to gain his trust, for Chiara's sake.

"How do you feel about all this?" Oscar asked, running his fingers through his ginger colored hair. "Weird." I answer truthfully. Oscar chuckled. "Yeah, but I hope it doesn't last, things like these never end well."

Chiara sighed.

"I agree." She spoke.

I turned to her and she looked at me with a worried expression.

It kind of hurts my feelings that she is not thrilled about this, we can finally be free and not care about being killed for just being together.

We've been wishing this for months, now that's it's happening she wants to throw it all away.

Why?

Is it because of Oscar?

I was about to speak but the door burst open and Gabriella and Giovanni walked in.

"Chiara and Oscar let's go." She said before walking out.

Giovanni and Enzo shared a look then turned to me.

Once Gabriella, Chiara and Oscar left the room Giovanni shut the door then removed his jacket.

"Guys we need to talk."