31

No words could explain the relief after I saw her being brought out of the water. When I saw her opening her eyes.

This task was absurd. This task endangered students lives, how could they agree to something like that.

And to top my anxiety and terror Cedric was the one to pull her out of the water. This dammed hufflepuff.

I saw her eyes, her thanks towards him were so warming. I will never forget the picture of him having his hands all around her, I will never forget her looking at him like he was a kind of a hero, like he was the only boy around.

"Draco! Are you listening!" Theo bellowed irritation dripping of his voicing . He rolled his eyes as he let out an irksome sight
"man just stop thinking about it, he was trying to help her!"

"What?- stop thinking about what?" I knew exactly what he was referring to, but I didn't want them to know how much of a terror I felt when I realized what the task was bout and why she stood me up.

"about Potter girl, stop playing the dumb. I saw how you stared, you didn't move your eyes once from her and Cedric. I mean if you're really that much of a simp just tell her to be your girlfriend" Theo retorted with a wide grin.

He really wanted me to 'confess' my feeling to her, he had urged me to do so multiple times but I refused. I did t want to confess anything. I'd simply tell him that there's nothing for me to confess and that I had no deep feeling for her.

Lies! Just mere lies!

I lied to myself, to my friends, to her.

But what should I have told her? That's correct! I didn't know what to tell her, I didn't know how to put whatever I was feeling into words. I wasn't familiar with sharing my feelings and I wasn't planning to try and be.

"I don't feel anything towards her alright! We are just friends like you and Pansy Theo" I snapped.

"Me and Pansy are like siblings, our families basically live together while you? You with her couldn't possibly be like siblings. Now yes of course you can lie and try to convince yourself that your feelings are non existent but we both know the truth" he took a deep breath, his eyes were pleading, he pleaded me to confess, to stop lying, to do this for myself "be truthful to yourself for once, tell her"

And with that he left, he left the common room leaving me and blaise alone.

"You should really tell her man" Blaise told me before he followed Theo.

I was confused, I didn't know what to say, how to say it. I didn't know how this could possibly end but I have this certain feeling that I wouldn't end well.

I kept telling myself that she didn't feel the same, that everything was just my imagination.

Merlin I was trapped!

-

Nothing seemed the same anymore. Harry and I were sitting on the couch gazing the gold-red fire.

The awkwardness spread fast enough for both of us not to dare to spare a look at each other. The worst of all? It was the fact that Harry waited for answers about EVERYTHING, and I? I want ready to give any.

"So I'm waiting" his voice came out small but a certain dominance were echoed through his half closed mouth as well.

"For what?" That's the best thing I could say.

"For everything really. I'm tired of seeing you out of earth, like your here but no exactly. I'm tired of seeing tired and hopeless and mostly I'm tired of seeing you struggling with something while I'm in the dark unaware of what's happening" that would be enough, the concern on his voicing was so clearly shown. He really wanted to know about how I had been.