Chapter 5

The royal cart was silently hauled by the two muscular horses across the streets of Stohess district, which is guided by the military police personnel that served under Historia. The cart would sway a little in all directions every now and then as it makes its turns, slowing or picking up its speed, or its wheels sinking into small potholes that are scattered throughout the streets across the district. Inside, the cart has large enough space for four people max--two people per space.

Eren was sitting by the left-hand side of the cart. Staring out from his side of the window. The small rectangular-shaped window provided enough outside light into the cart. "Where are we going?" Eren asked without making any movements as he watched the buildings, people, and other carts pass by.

"To my private room," Historia answered his question silently. "I want to switch out of this tight military uniform before we head for the farm." This time, Eren turned his head to look at Historia, who, herself, was staring out from her side of the window. Carefully examining her, Eren said:

"Are the kids still there?"

Giving a second or two of silence to materialize what he meant, Historia turned her head to look at Eren. Who gazed at her with questions.

"Don't worry, the well-being of the kids is well taken care of." Taking a pause, "I made sure of it."

Eren, looking at Historia, nodded. Then glanced at Emery, who sat on the opposite side facing Historia as she watched the two converse. Besides suited with a black military uniform, the redhead had her fairly long red hair tied in a loose braid that hung over her shoulder.

"I assume you're serving the Queen."

Looking at Eren, she became delighted and answered:

"Yes, sir!"

The redhead was all of a sudden alive. Her eyes were lit up by Eren's notice of her. Surprised by her sudden enthusiasm, Historia gazed at her lady in waiting suspiciously for a moment. Eren then nodded, took his time to examine the ladies, then:

"I assume you both are equal in age?" He asked while looking at Historia, and she nodded.

"What made you want to serve her Majesty?" This time looking at Emery.

She glanced at Historia, then back to looking at Eren dead in the eyes.

"At her majesty's coronation, I first greeted her after she got off the stage. I was with the huge crowd of ladies that gathered in a corner. As her majesty walked towards us, her majesty gave off a strong sense of duty that captivated many people--myself included. Everything she's gone through until that point was written all over her face."

Glancing at Historia, Eren noticed she looked away in a slight embarrassment.

"I wanted to know more about her majesty. And just before she passed by, I called out, and her majesty crept her beautiful blue eyes into me and grabbed my hands that were hanging in mid-air. As she did, I felt the strong grip of hers instantly. And I immediately remembered that her majesty was once a soldier. A soldier that fought outside of the walls. A soldier that committed her life for the fate of humanity."

Emery took a moment to let her brief information dump sink in. Then turned her attention to Historia.

"But, I knew she wouldn't fit into her new role immediately. She needed someone by her side to advise and guide her. And....I, being a noblewoman inside the walls, knew that other nobles who would be every obstacle to her majesty, and they would do everything they can to prevent her from using her rightful authority for good. I, who saw a strong figure that can bring about change, wanted to facilitate her through the difficulties that her majesty was about to face. Thus, for days, I insisted on her majesty to make me her second hand. Though it took lots of convincing, I admit. "

She paused before continuing.

"But, I don't regret my decision."

Emery stated firmly this time while looking back at Eren, who's now impressed by her display, said while giving Historia a smug,

"I like her." 

The next chapter is Eren and Historia traveling to the farm together and there would be something subtle about the letter Historia received from Eren. Ohh, it's the Attack Titan's special ability.

People who've read the manga know what I mean.

Other than that, thank you for reading.