Chapter 12

The room where the meeting took place is the largest chamber in the entire royal building of the Stohess District. The middle section of the room is divided into rows of single desks with a lone wide pathway leading down the middle to the entryway; the entryway consists of two giant wooden doors adorned with golden edges. All three sides of the room were built with wooden walls connected with a large rectangular window wall that provided the majority of visibility.

To the furthest end from the entryway sat a wide, bulky desk on a flat stone slab. Historia and two high-ranking military officials, including the premiere of the three military regiments: Dhalis Zachary, who sat behind the bulky desk watching down on the participants.

The blonde's blue eyes immediately traced to the figure in dark green uniform as the giant wooden doors' creaking sound made its way to her ears. The sun's rays were cast upon the brunet from the side, causing his apathetic expression to display while holding his right palm that's drenched in blood.

Eren stood in place to let the situation sink in, not averting his dead eyes from the MPs representative, who, along with the rest, stared at him in confusion and dread. Then knowing he was in control, Eren's eyes swept across the room before landing on a seat by the window wall. He then walked at a steady pace across the room, eyes on the seat, then adjusted the seat before sitting down, crossed his legs, and rested his bleeding hand on the wooden arm.

Eren, undisturbed, stared back as everyone was gazing at him in apprehension. Then locked his dead eyes to the two figure representing the Scout Regiment across the room and spoke in a steady threatening tone:

"Since the Scout Regiment's Dancho and Heichou have chosen not to speak their minds, representative Sebastian. I shall represent my comrades' wishes." Taking his time to glare deeply into both Levi and Hange's eyes. "The Survey Corps strongly opposes Zeke Yeager's solution for this Island."

===

Hange uncomfortably twitches in her seat while Levi merely watches Eren.

Levi, who's undisturbed, not displaying any sort of reaction, studied the brunet as he continued:

"Armin advises that we shouldn't rush into a decision; we should consider the possibility of visiting the nation of Hizuru and figure out their true motives first," Eren said softly while gazing at the Historia. "Your majesty, I believe we should highly value Armin's take since he was greatly entrusted by the previously respected dancho, Erwin Smith."

Zachary, dubious of what Eren had stated, shifted his attention away from the brunet and questioned:

"Hange?"

But Historia stood up from her seat, interrupting before hearing the answer from the current commander, and declared, "I will not fully commit until we get the answers we need. We'll travel to Hizuru as Armin suggested. Dismissed."

Not letting go, the MPs' representative pressed. "Your majesty, I need you to reconsider! This decision could produce the worst outcome if Marley decided to invade at any given moment!"

Historia, not giving any thoughts of what she was saying, glared at the MPs representative and stated firmly:

"Representative Sebastian of the Military Police, I would rather bear with that consequence than giving in. You know why? Because I'm the worst girl who ever lived."

The room fell into complete silence. The only sound that could be heard in the room was the ticking clock above the front entrance. Everyone's eyes were on the queen. They were speechless. Not knowing how to respond to what they just heard, they desperately waited for someone to break the dead silence. After a few minutes, Pyxis finally warned:

"Respect the order of the command, representative Sebastian. In the absence of Shidancho Nile Dawk has gotten the better of you, hasn't it?"

The representative looked at the Garrison Commander, who was displaying deep displeasure towards the representative. Then, knowing he was in trouble, he barely muttered in a weak voice before bowing at Historia, "Of course, I shall respect her majesty's wishes."

===

Eren sat in his seat as he watched the room cleared out. Knowing that some MPs members glared at him in disapproval as they went past in front of him, Eren concentrated on the warmth of his back emitted from the sun's rays. In turn, causing him to drift into sleep.

Hearing the long silence that followed the closing of the giant doors, Eren opened his eyes to see Levi and Hange still sitting in their seats across the room. Ignoring them, Eren shifted his attention to Historia, who was sitting alone watching him intently.

"You were able to show your true self, Historia," Eren said. Waiting for her response, but never came. She was just staring back at him. He sighed. "Sometimes, you've to abandon your facade and be selfish to achieve the desired outcome that you want." Historia, looking away from him, staring into the distance, nodding. Levi, sitting with his arms crossed, finally let out his anger and said in a low voice:

"Brat, you weren't about to transform and blow up this damn building, were you?"

Eren stared back at him, not saying a word. A clear displease was emitting from the brunet's green eyes. Their abandonment of Historia has caused the loss of respect from Eren. Knowing what Eren was thinking, Hange stood up and bowed to Historia.

"I've clearly disappointed you, your majesty. I'll do my best to arrange the trip to Hizuru and clear their motives."

Historia looked apathetically at the commander before nodding.

"Please take your leave. And yes, there'll be repercussions to Eren's sudden intrusion of the meeting."

===

The blonde got up from her seat and approached the brunet sitting alone, watching Hange and Levi exit before closing the doors. Historia then sat in his lab, pulling his head into her chest before he could react. She rested her chin on his head and hugged him tight by the back of his head. Eren, startled at first, then returned her tight embrace by wrapping his arms around her slender waist and tightening in. They both held onto each other in silence--both breathing in the aura of each other.

"What's the 'punishment' that your majesty will bestow upon?" Eren muffled in her chest.

"Hmmm....I'll be going with you to Hizuru. And it's your responsibility to be at my side at all times."  

Time to travel. Yay!