Chapter 14

Standing by the window, a tall figure in a black uniform watched down on the blonde as she stepped out from her small cart. The ruler of the walls was dressed in a dark green uniform with a long grey skirt that covered up to her short high heel black boots. With it, a thick red stripe ran diagonally across her uniform. Her golden hair was elegantly tied in a low bun. The tall figure's young black eyes then observed her face as she greeted her people that were constrained by the steel fences along the perimeter of the port. Breathing slowly through his nose, without averting his eyes, he asked:

"Is she the Historia Reiss, the ruler of this Island?"

"Yes, my prince."

"Shall we go?"

"No, let's wait until she's done meeting her people. When she's ready."

Walking steadily along the edge of the ship's bridge, the prince's eyes then caught the attention of a study brunet emerging from the large temper tent accompanied by a red hair woman. The man's lean face emitted strong, sophisticated features. By just looking at his young, fierce green eyes, it was evident that he had inherited thousands of years of experience and knowledge.

Without looking at ambassador Kiyomi, who stood behind him, he pointed with his finger and said, "And he is....?" The black hair woman moved beside the prince, leaned in on the glass, squinting her old eyes at the moving figure, then confirmed:

"That's Eren Yeager, my prince. The warrior of this Island."

The young black eyes traced Eren as he walked across the open port to the direction of Historia, who was now talking with a group of journalists. When the brunet stood a couple of feet from Historia, the blonde immediately motioned him to stand next to her. To which he did so without procrastination.

Turning around to face the ambassador, the prince said, "Actually, I would like to wait on the ship's front deck."

===

Trudging along the perimeter, Historia continued to wave her hands at the crowds behind a line of cameramen and journalists. Eren, however, was focused on getting Historia and the scouts' luggage on the steel ship. Instead of waving along with her, Eren motioned the line of guards that were tagging along to get into motion, directing each of them with instructions as he paced himself with the Queen. One by one, the tail of guards behind the both of them shortened.

"Your majesty, may I have quick words with Eren Yeager?" A man called out.

Eager to escape the frenzies, Historia declared that this would be the last one. The man nodded and candidly asked, "Given the unusual closeness you both share, what would you say about your relationship with the Queen, Mr. Yeager?"

Eren took a moment to absorb the question, then looked at the blonde, who was gazing back at him, and said without averting his eyes from hers, "We are very close friends."

"So, are you implying that you don't have any romantic feelings for the Queen?"

Eren and Historia stared at the man in dead silence. Then, he sought the opportunity before the blonde could interfere. Eren crossed his arms and said out loud:

"I didn't say that."

There was a long silence before he heard from the blonde:

"Eh, Eren! What-"

Then chose to ignore her, Eren continued:

"In fact, if I was ever given a chance. I would not hesitate to take her as my bride."

"Huh!? Sh- shut up, you idiot!"

Historia practically yelled at him. She then dragged Eren away from journalists and the crowd. Holding her arms tightly around him's, she dragged him along without knowing where she was going. Knowing the blonde was all flustered and calming her down would be impossible, Eren said bluntly. "I meant every word of it, Historia."

The blonde then stopped both of them in place. She let go of Eren's arm, slowly paced herself in front of the brunet, turning around to face him, then looked into his green eyes and said:

"Eren, when the opportunity comes, you better take it."

A sudden breeze then blows through the open port. The gentle wind blown between the two caused the tiny strings of her blonde hair to dangle in mid-air. Eren gazed into the soft blue eyes of hers and stated firmly:

"I will."

===

"Your majesty, it's time," Hange called out.

Hange had noticed the two's apparent exchange. As she watched, it was an amusement to see the two mingle with each other. Knowing that the blonde and brunet have grown significantly close since the dispute in the crystal cave, Hange couldn't help but ponder what really happened since she was knocked out in mid-fight.

Eren and Historia then acknowledged the call and quickly paced themselves to the arms of the port. Standing underneath the giant steel ship, Historia observed its features. The ship's main structure above deck is a standing steel-built tower with windows that ran from one side to another. The back of its bulky tower lies two smokestacks that emitted its white smoke into the clear blue sky. The ship's front was shaped into a pointing spear, while the ship's rear was shaped in a flat back.

The scouts were standing by the dock as they waited for the figure to emerge from the rectangular entry frame, followed close behind by Kiyomi. The figure displayed a soft outward look on his fairly lean face. His soft black eyes then gazed at the blonde as he came for a handshake. After which, he took a step back and bowed his head.

He then wondered his eyes to the rest of the scouts were standing behind Historia before declaring, "I'm crown prince Katsu, the next in line to the throne of Hizuru."

Stepping aside, he then gestured with his hand for Historia to follow. Pacing beside her, they entered the dark steel ship.

Looks like Eren and Historia had come to a mutual agreement!

Once again, thank you for reading.