Chapter 6

Outside of Historia's balcony, she noticed the sky had slowly transitioned into a gloomy, cloudy afternoon. Peeking over her room's giant rectangular wall clock, she knew that the night was about to fall. Hurriedly, she pulled out the usual buttoned white shirt, a long-faded white skirt, and a pink top. Then unbuckling her military uniform, she tore it from her body and quickly replaced it with the clothes she pulled out. She then, not caring, loosened her long blonde hair from the tight low bun; she guided her hair with her left hand over her shoulder and let it cascade on its own. She then gently grabbed the lower portion of her hair and tied it loosely together at the end.

Knowing Eren was waiting just outside of her private room, Historia intended to dash out the door. But before she did so, she glanced at the letter from Eren that was resting on the edge of her desk, smoothed her palm over the surface, and softly whispered in a mournful tone:

"Eren, is this true?"

=======

With his eyes closed, the brunette leaned his back against the wall adjacent to Historia's front door. With his arms crossed, upper back slightly arched forward, he immersed himself into the late afternoon breeze of the open hall. Eren's brunette hair, now long enough to completely cover the side of his face and the back of his neck, flew delicately in the soft breeze. With only his front face visible, Historia, who just popped out of her room, silently encroached on him as she didn't want to disturb his inner peace, stopping only when her face was a couple of inches from his. Her blue eyes traced every intricate feature that was displayed. From his dark brown eyebrows to his eyelashes, down to his nose, then down to the very shape of his mouth, then to his left jawline, then to his chin, and finally, up to his lips. Historia watched him intently. She wanted to entrench his lean face into her memory.

She wanted to memorize all of it before he's gone.

Unconscious to her, Historia gently rested her left hand on Eren's face and whispered, "Tell me it's not true, Eren."

Feeling the sudden warm touch, Eren opened his eyes. In front of him, he saw a pair of blue eyes that were watching him. She was watching him in pain.

"What's the matter?"

The pair of blue eyes that was scrutinizing his face widened at the realization of what it was doing; instantly, the blonde pulled her hand away and faced the stairs before hurriedly paced herself down the concrete steps. Confused, Eren followed suit. Just before turning to the exit of the royal building, Eren stopped at the sight of Historia, who was leaning her back against the giant door frame; her eyes were on the orange clouds that were cast by the sunset. Eren, watching her, allowed himself to do the same.

The orange clouds that were scattered across the sky were breathtaking, he admitted.

"We're going to be late." Eren broke the silence while looking at Historia, which she nodded in acknowledgment but still refused to gaze at him. Troubled by her sudden mood change. Eren gestured for her to follow.

"C'mon."

Approaching the MPs personnel that was standing by the cart, who had the door already opened. But Eren motioned him to move aside and said, "Take us to her majesty's farm once we're ready." To which the personnel simply nodded.

Eren grabbed the cart door's handle, turned it downwards, and slowly shut it to a close. Holding the door. He watched Historia walk towards the cart, still averting his eyes, he sighed and said playfully:

"My beautiful goddess is all of a sudden moody today, and I don't know why. But I would like to see that cute smile of hers before we depart."

"Eh?!" Startled by his sudden request, she flustered. Agitating around before looking back at him in disbelief. Then, making up her mind, Historia picked up her pace, walked up to Eren, and buried her face deep into his chest, and muffled:

"I'll only show it to you. So, open the door."

=====

Inside the moving cart, Historia leaned her head on Eren's shoulder as they both sat in silence. During their travel, Eren attempted to make Historia spew out what was troubling her, but she obstinately resisted him. After the third attempt, Eren gave up on it. Disappointed, he decided not to press on even though the trouble inside of him remained. Historia, who can read Eren's face with ease, stated out of the blue:

"The letter, are you aware of it?"

Historia stared into the distance, tightened her arms around Eren's as she waited for his response. Eren looked into her face, gently replied:

"What letter?"

Half expecting the answer and half not, Historia tensed up before relaxing. She then allowed herself to sink into Eren and closed her eyes.

"Do you trust me?"

More confused than ever, but Eren went along and stated firmly:

"Of course, you're my only ally."

Watching Historia, Eren swore he saw the corner of her lips curled upwards before it disappeared. Watching her, Eren did the same--he leaned his head onto hers and drifted into sleep.

The letter, you will know it soon. But now is not the time. Not yet.

===

Finally, I was able to finish writing and editing this chapter.

The letter is withheld on purpose, and it will have a major reveal. But I do know that I don't when to reveal it just yet.

Anyways, thank you for reading!