Chapter 7

The giant steel ship slowly made its way into the island square port, and Eren noticed the ship's design and architecture were completely different from that he and Armin abducted from Marley--though those were warships. It still seemed foreign.

Then, Historia, who was wearing a form of survey corps military uniform, greeted a black hair woman accompanied by five men in black suits and round hats.

The next moment, Eren is sitting with Mikasa and Hange by the table. The black hair woman, who's sitting alone, sat on the opposite side of the table facing them. At the table's end sat Historia.

"As you know, Zeke Yeager claims to have a secret plan that requires Hizuru's mediation."

The woman paused to look at Historia.

"For Paradis to catch up to the rest of the world, the plan is to activate a part of the rumbling to show the world its destructive power. In turn, delaying any attack. Then have Zeke's titan be passed down to the royal blood on this island. With the founding titan already in your possession and 13 years left of life, the possessor must bear as many children as possible until this Island catches up to the rest of the world so it can stand toe to toe in power with other nations."

Just like the Reiss family--the royal family that possessed the founding titan--for generations, forcing their children to bear the burdens of the cruel world that was left behind by them and their parents that came before.

From parent to child, the future generation has to always undo the mistakes that were committed by the past. Thus, it becomes an endless cycle of negligence. A cycle that poisons the future, leaving nothing but the burdens of the past.

The cycle that they barely avoided repeating a year and a half ago.

Eren, who's now on his feet, leaned on the table and glared deep into the woman's eyes in contempt, "I'll not accept this ridiculous plan of his. Even if the queen accepts herself, you can be damn sure that I'll intervene."

===

The pair of green eyes shot wide open from his long sleep by the sound of knocking on the cart door. Remembering where he was as he regained his consciousness. His thought instantly traced to the blonde.

Historia.

"We've arrived, your majesty." Said the MPs personnel just outside the cart.

"Understood," Eren replied for Historia.

Eren's eyes then locked onto Historia that was sleeping soundlessly on his shoulder. Instantly, the dream, or rather, the future memories that he has yet to experience, came rushing back into his head. Feeling the headache, he supported his head with his left hand as the elbow was resting on his left knee. Trying to mitigate the pain, he pressed his cold palm into his burning forehead and forced himself to a distraction by looking out the square window on his left.

There were people dressed in dirty, ragged clothes working on the field. Some were pulling weeds, and others were gathering hay on the fields. He could hear the muffled voices of children playing around. Shifting his attention on Historia, Eren gently shook the blonde by the right shoulder and called out:

"Historia, we're here."

Didn't work.

Eren then pinched Historia's cheeks and called out again:

"Wake up, Historia, the people are eagerly waiting outside!"

Feeling the some-what of a gentle pinch by Eren, Historia jerked awake. She then looked around before recognizing where she was and said:

"Couldn't have you woke me by some other methods? That hurt, you know."

"No can do."

Hearing the muffling sound of children, Historia quickly swung open the door and dashed outside. Eren, taking his time, slowly stepped outside of the cart and looked around. The farm has grown in size. People of all different age groups were working on different sections of the field. Usually, the younger ones plowed the soil with a hand-held plowing tool and gathered the hay; older ones watered the crops and pulled the weeds.

Noticing the royal cart has arrived in front of the royal farmhouse. People around the luxuriously built farmhouse stopped their work and greeted the queen from where they were. Some waved, and some called out to their majesty. Historia, already used to the formal greetings, did the same. Eren, however, watched Historia walk around the field greeting everyone; he followed close behind her, not wanting to draw attention. But that hope was quickly squashed as people started muttering about his presence.

"Welcome back, your majesty." Said an old woman approaching Historia.

Noticing her, Historia reached out to the woman's hand and gave a small smile. The woman smiled back, then looked at Eren behind her. "Is this the young man you've spoken to me many times about?"

"Yes, mam. This is Eren."

As Eren watched, he immediately knew that Historia was close to this old woman and probably took much advice from her. Historia then gave Eren a head nod, and he extended his right hand out for a handshake. But the old woman took Eren's hand, wrapped both of her palms around Eren's, and gazed deep into the green eyes of his.

Eren, not afraid of the close examination, stared back equally. He knew that the pair of old eyes were studying him, and not wanting to disappoint the old woman, he gave an unyielding look. After what felt like minutes, the old woman let go of Eren's hand while looking satisfied, gave him a genuine smile, and said:

"Her majesty is in your hands."

===

Chapter 7! Time to gear up for some adventure!

Thank You for reading and the support!