Chapter 17

Inside the secluded forest hill, the tousled hair figure's one foot was pressed against the side of the rock and leaned in. As he did so, he carefully watched the black steel ship encroaching its designated port. Then shifting his brown eyes inland, he took in the beautiful scenery of the landscape. The top of the scattered pink trees across the land rocked back and forth by the gentle breeze, causing the parts of its pink flowers to scatter in the midair. As the breeze blew through the forest, the sound of the leaves and branches permeated his surroundings. Pulling the sleeves of his tight dark green uniform to cover parts of his hands, his brown eyes then traced the small figures in the distance that were moving on the tiny roads along the seashore; all of them were walking in the same direction: The port.

"Floch, what's our next move?"

Not averting his eyes from the distant people, he mournfully said, "We wait for the signal."

===

The blonde and the brunet wrapped themselves in the heavy blanket as they stared out into the land filled with pink-colored trees. In awe of the site, Historia sank herself deeper into the warmth of Eren's body and tightened the blanket around both of them. Glancing upwards, Historia observed Eren's apathetic face. However, his green eyes were watching the scenery intently.

Unconsciously, Historia reached out with her right hand, rested the palm between the neck and the back of Eren's head, and pulled his head down to look at her. Then, straightening her body, extending her neck, she closed her eyes and gently pressed her lips against Eren's. She took the moment to feel the soft lips of his before sinking back down into Eren's arms; Historia calmly stared into the distance.

What?

It took a moment for Eren to realize what had happened. When he did, Eren blushed. Looking away, Eren said, "Can I have another one?" Sensing his heart rate quicken and the tightening of his body around hers, Historia muttered playfully. "Nope."

Emery paced herself up the steps of the stairs that were dimly lit by orange light bulbs on the narrow avenue's steel walls. Stepping onto the flat steel dock, she approached the steel door and caught the converse between her Queen and Eren. Smiling to herself, Emery gently knocked on the steel door and said, "We should prepare to exit the ship, your majesty." After a moment, she heard the muffled soft reply from the Queen. "Understood."

Just as Historia was about to push herself out of Eren's grasp, the brunet held her down and rested his chin on Historia's left shoulder. Confused, Historia said, "We gotta go, you know?" Eren hummed in agreement before pulling out a handgun-shaped tool in front of her. Historia stared at the tool, then said, "Signal flare?" When Eren didn't respond, Historia asked, "what's this for?"

"I want you to take this red signal flare and use it when you're in trouble. There'll be an immediate response once this is fired into the sky."

Historia stared at the signal flare for a moment. Then said, "You saw something in your memories, didn't you?"

"Only a glimpse of it."

===

Mikasa was trudging along with Sasha aimlessly on the concrete port. Not knowing what to do, the two stayed close together and awkwardly looked around. Observing the new environment, Mikasa and Sasha watched in fascination at the tall, bulky, square buildings with multiple layers of rooftops sticking out of their sides all around. As people dressed kimonos casually walked by, some stared at the newly arrived ship, while others sat by the small roof cart having their own converse. The place was saturated with pink trees and pollen.

"Mikasa!"

Suddenly, both Mikasa and Sasha were knocked forward by the crash of sturdy arms on their backs. They both then instinctively stepped their one foot in front and regained their balance to prevent themselves from plunging forward. Wrapping her arms around both of them, Historia giggled out loud. Mikasa and Sasha, regaining their balance, looked at their Queen in horror for a second before yelling, "Your majesty!"

"Oops, sorry."

As they both saw Historia's beaming face, Mikasa and Sasha couldn't help but smile back. "Nice to see you again, your majesty," said Mikasa. The blonde looked at her, then teased. "Oh, please. Drop the formalities!" Historia studied both of them, then pulled them both into a tight hug and said, "It's nice to see you guys, too." Then her blue eyes wandered to the line of carts full of busy people exchanging luxuries, ornaments, and foods. Historia excitedly yelled. "Let's go over there!"

Standing by the edge of the port waiting for Jean, Eren's eyes searched for the Hizuru's Prince, who was nowhere to be found since the docking. From the distance, Eren's eyes then caught Historia's regained frenzies around her former comrades, which brought him a smile. Seeing this, Eren decided to let go of the thought for now and allowed himself to do the same. When Jean finally popped out of the exit, Eren asked, "what took you so long?" Jean looked at him with a straight face. "I'm not like you who doesn't care about his looks, pretty boy." Noticing Jean's perfectly dressed suit, Eren clapped back.

"Shut up, horse face."

Eren then turned towards where Historia and her group went and gestured for Jean to follow. Soon, Jean and Connie caught up to Eren, walking by either side of the brunet. Curious, Eren asked, "Where's Armin?" Jean said:

"He went with Hange and Levi."

"For what?"

"Don't know."

===

Floch....what are you doing here?!

It seems that the situation is good for now. Let's enjoy it.

Thank you for reading and continues the support!