| twenty one |

Chapter. 21

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Charlotte sat at a mixing table with her producer Tommy Brown. After her family trip to Wyoming, she decided that it was a good time to get back to the studio. She hadn't made music since her tour. But, with her feelings being everywhere lately, she thought writing and recording music could be a type of therapy for her.

Her and Tommy Brown were listening to verses they had already recorded earlier that day. The song was a deep single, unlike anything Charlotte had done before. Tommy gave his input on what they could change, and Charlotte agreed with him.

After about an hour of changing things around, Charlotte had one more verse to record. She was about to step in the booth when her sister, Kylie, walked into the room.

"Hey," Kylie smiled at Charlotte. Char' walked over and greeted the Jenner with a hug. Kylie and Tommy greeted each other as well.

"What do you have so far?" Kylie asked the both of them. Tommy pressed the play back button on the mixing table so Kylie could listen. Kylie enjoyed many types of music, pop, r&b, hip-hop, rap, and many more. So, Charlotte liked to get her input on her music.

After Kylie had listened to the song all the way through, she nodded her head, "That's really good, deep too. But, I feel like it needs a little more."

Char' and Tommy agreed with her. "I'm about to record another verse. It's going to tie it all together." Kylie sat down next to Tommy in a desk chair, and looked at Charlotte in the recording booth through the glass window that was separating the two rooms.

Charlotte put on noise canceling headphones, positioned herself in front of the microphone, and pulled her phone of out her pocket. She was reading the lyrics off of her notes.

"You can start whenever," Tommy spoke through the intercom system and gave her the okay to start singing.

Charlotte took a deep breath in and out before she started with the melody. "I got too much to say. I got too much I hide. I got too much to say."

She continued on with the verse, it would be the second verse in the song. "I see the pain in my baby's eye. He gotta go from house to house, I gotta tell him why. But he's way too young to understand now. Mama couldn't say cause your daddy broke me down. I got scars from the past that I don't talk about. And I could probably ruin lives if I run my mouth. Put makeup over my bruises and fake a smile. Turn on the camera, we gotta make this money now."

"Yes!" Tommy clapped in celebration. Charlotte saw Kylie and Tommy's huge smiles and excited eyes. "I just need you to go over the, 'And I could probably ruin lives if I run my mouth' I need that in a higher pitch."

Charlotte did as he said, and sang the lyrics again, but in a higher pitch this time. It gave the song more variety, it made the song more interesting to listen to. After Tommy gave her a thumbs up, she took off the headphones and walked back into the mixing room.

Kylie looked at her with big open eyes, "Babe, that's so good. You wrote that?" Charlotte nodded her head. She didn't usually write her own music, she wasn't talented in the writing department. But, writing this song and a couple others was almost like therapy. She just got all of her feelings out.