1 ♔♕ 𝗮 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲

————————————————————————ᴋᴇɴsɪɴɢᴛᴏɴ ᴘᴀʟᴀᴄᴇ

ᴋᴇɴsɪɴɢᴛᴏɴ ᴘᴀʟᴀᴄᴇ

𝟸𝟼𝚝𝚑 𝙼𝚊𝚢, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟼.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇss ᴏғ ᴡᴀʟᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ.

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚁𝚘𝚢𝚊𝚕 𝙷𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚆𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚆𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚎𝚗, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚑 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜.

————————————————————————

♔♕

To say it was a surprise would be putting it lightly.

The relationship hadn't been going very well, again putting it lightly. He had gone back to her and she had also been looking, elsewhere.

It was his though. It had to be.

And they were happy, truly they were. Maybe it could be their fresh start, a new baby, it might make them see each other differently again.

Mind you, Harry hadn't done that. Well, for her pregnancy he had, but then he was born, and he was a boy, and well, that was that.

Hopefully this one was a girl, that'd be nice. Charles would love that, he'd always wanted a girl, said that'd he'd 'spoil her rotten' and she could see him doing just that.

Diana gently placed her hand on her slowly growing belly, smiling at the thought of another baby in the house. She silently promised this baby that they'd try harder this time, this time it'd be better...as the saying goes, third time lucky.

♔♕

𝚜𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛 '𝟾𝟼

𝚜𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛 '𝟾𝟼.

This baby was an active one. Much more so than William and Harry, particularly at 4am, oh how the baby loved 4am.

The boys were getting excited and Charles was too, once he got over the shock, which surprised her. She just hoped it wouldn't all end after the baby was born.

They were starting to think of names too. She was trying to not get too excited and think of just girls names, but part of her was hoping that it would be a girl. As this was their third, they weren't as constrained by traditions, not that they'd be calling the baby anything radical. She liked Grace or Allegra but Charles wasn't that keen, he wanted Elizabeth for his mother and grandmother. They had decided to try to compromise, unusual for him, but she wasn't about to stop him.

The thought of the baby being a girl brought a smile to her face. She loved her boys, truly she did, and if this baby was a boy too she wouldn't mind either. But to have a girl, to dress up and to take shopping and to just do girly things, it was something she dreamed of.

Often when the baby was having another party inside her at 4 in the morning, she laid there thinking of all the things they would do together, imagining herself plaiting her daughters hair or watching princess films together or taking her out shopping or even watching her walk down the aisle one day and having a baby of her own.

It would be nice to have someone to share that side of life with, her own mini sidekick...that was what she dreamed of.

♔♕