2 ♔♕ 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚡

She hadn't slept well.

Well, she hadn't really slept at all. The baby kept kicking, it had turned a few weeks ago and so was now giving her organs a good battering. She had tossed and turned as much as a heavily pregnant woman could before finally giving up some time in the early morning.

She had gone to sit in their adjacent sitting room so as not to disturb anyone. And it was there she was sat when she first felt it, a contraction.

It was only small to begin with, if this hadn't have been her third baby she might have just ignored it, written it off as braxton hicks. But no, it wasn't that, the baby was on its way.

♔♕

The soft cries of a newborn baby filled the room, making everyone smile.

"Hello little one." The midwife said softly, quickly giving the baby a once over before passing it back to the awaiting parents. "Here we go then, there's your little princess..."

Charles's head snapped up to the midwife, "a girl?" He asked, his attention already back onto the baby whose cries were now beginning to quiet as she was placed on her mother's chest.

"A girl." Diana replied softly, staring down at the baby she held in her arms. She lifted her gaze briefly to meet her husbands eye, she was so scared it'd be just like it was after Harry was born.

But it wasn't, she watched as Charles lent over her shoulder, giving her a kiss on the cheek before leaning further to give his new daughter one on the head. He gazed down at her softly, gently stroking her head and chuckling as she gave a tiny yawn. "I best go phone mummy." He whispered whilst still staring at his daughter.

Diana hummed her response, smiling as he gave her head one more stroke before standing up properly and leaving the room. As she watched him leave, she glanced around the room to the doctors and nurses who were also beginning to leave, "thank you." She said sincerely, smiling at the responses of 'congratulations' she got from them all. She turned her gaze back to her new daughter who was now fast asleep, "and thank you too." She whispered to her, gently stroking her cheek.

♔♕

——————————————————————————
ʙᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢʜᴀᴍ ᴘᴀʟᴀᴄᴇ

Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales was safely delivered of a daughter at 14.00 𝑝𝑚 today.

Her Royal Highness and her child are doing well

23𝑟𝑑 𝑁𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 1986.

——————————————————————————

It was announced just after half past three that afternoon so that they could make sure they had told the boys before someone else told them. Charles was going to go and bring them to meet their sister, but first he was having a cuddle with his new daughter.

They could both hear the cheers from the crowd as it was announced, Charles turned back to her with a huge grin on his face before turning back to his daughter who had opened her eyes at the noise outside. "Ohh! Are they noisy?" He asked her softly, watching as her eyes floated around not focusing on anything in particular, "isn't she beautiful."