15 ♔♕ 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗱

𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟸

The stud at Windsor was one of her favourite places.

Especially in spring when there was a new influx of foals prancing around the fields. It wasn't unusual for Bella to go with her granny, she had a feeling that The Queen was trying to subtly pass along her love of racing and breeding to her, and if she was honest, it was working.

Today though, her grandpa had decided to accompany them which was unusual. She became even more suspicious when they walked immediately into the stables, right down to the end one which held a gangly grey yearling in.

"What do you think of him?" Philip asked as he leaned over the stable door to stroke the horse that had perked its head up at the intrusion.

"Nice." Bella replied, opening the door she walked in a big circle around him, "probably end up a good height with nice proportions."

"That's what we thought."

She turned back to her grandparents, smiling suspiciously at them. "So, is he your new racing prospect?"

"No, his dam is an Irish Sport Horse." Elizabeth replied, "I do own him though."

"Oh." Bella was trying not to look at her grandpa who was smirking at her with a glint in his eye.

"Antarctic Emperor." He said, nodding towards the horse who had wandered towards his new stable mate and was proceeding to prod her with his nose. "Rio they called him in Ireland though."

"Right."

"You know," Philip continued, his smile getting wider as he did so, "Brazil are apparently trying to bid for the Olympics, according to Michael they're wanting it to be in Rio."

"Nice." She replied as she scratched at the yearlings neck. He would turn out to be a beautiful horse she thought to herself.

"What do you think Lilibet, these two competing in Rio?"

"You're joking?!" Bella exclaimed, looking at the two of them with a huge grin on her face.

"No." Her granny replied, "he's yours if you want him...he's got good bloodlines, hopefully he'll make a nice eventer."

"Just needs the right person to get him there." Her grandpa winked at her.

"Oh my god!" She gushed, "thank you!"

"Just don't expect a horse every birthday." Phillip quipped back to her. The two of them watched with delight as Rio nuzzled in to Bella as she spoke to him softly. Hopefully they'd make a good team.

♔♕

𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟸

Bella was sat cross legged on a chair in the kitchens at Clarence House, cradling a mug of steaming hot chocolate. She had thought about having a coffee to sober her up but considering it was three in the morning she had gone against it. To be fair, the events of the past few hours had sobered her up enough.

She only noticed the presence of another person when the door to the kitchen squeaked open. As she turned to see who the intruder was, Bella absentmindedly thought of the butler's horror when he found out that the door squeaked. There was no light on in the corridor, but the soft light of the side lamp by the door that Bella had left on illuminated the person enough. Camilla.