35 ♔♕ 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺

IT'S TO BE A ROYAL DOUBLE AT THE OLYMPICS

Two of the Queen's granddaughters will compete at Greenwich Park this summer as part of the British team.

Tue. 12th June 2012

Following the announcement yesterday that Princess Anne's daughter, Zara Phillips, has been selected for the British team, another announcement was made today revealing that another of the Queen's granddaughters will compete in this years Olympics.

Her Royal Highness Princess Isabella of Wales, along with her horse Antarctic Emperor who is also owned by the Queen, will make her Olympic debut in the equestrian sport of 3 day eventing, a sport that she has taken part in competitively since her teens.

The 25 year old is the youngest member of her team, a team that is also populated by of course her cousin, Zara Phillips, but also Mary King, Nicola Wilson, Kristina Cook and William Fox Pitt.

Despite her youth, her incredible win at the European Championships last year, alongside a number of other notable achievements, left the equestrian world thinking it would be very likely she would be selected.

Whilst some critics still doubt her skills, the voices are reducing. The scale on which they are reducing getting even bigger following such a public achievement last year. It is expected that after she competes at one of the most global and public of events, the critics will have no choice but to quieten.

Her horse, Antarctic Emperor but more commonly known as Rio, is certainly a character, quickly becoming a firm fan favourite after her debut at Badminton with him in 2009. Known for being quite excitable and spooky, it's likely that the horse will throw a few more interesting shapes than required during the three days. Not that that would be a worry to the Princess.

The pair have been together ever since he was bought by Her Majesty in 2002 as a yearling. Now, 10 years later, after forming what has been described as an "exceptional" bond, they are hoping to do the entire country proud at their first Olympics.

♔♕

"Good article." Bella said with a knowing smile, passing it over to Alex who was sat opposite her at the breakfast table.

"Is that because it sings your praises?" He teased back, taking a sip of tea as he opened the paper up in front of him.

"Don't be daft," her smile increased as she spoke, "it's because it says that the critics will 'have no choice but to quiten down'."

"Isn't that what I said?"

"No."

"Well," Alex began, placing the paper down next to his place setting, "it's true isn't it, they'll have to shut up when you're riding around London with your gold medal."

"Stop it!" She cried, "What have I said about jinxing it."

"Oh you don't really believe in all that."

"I do when it's the bloody Olympics... knowing me I'll fall off."

"You will not fall off." He insisted, leaning forward as he spoke, "your are Isabella Wales, 'exceptionally' talented event rider, you will not fall off."