14 ♔♕ 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗯𝗼𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵

𝚜𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟷 - 𝚜𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟸

Bella loved school.

It was unusual she knew that, but she did.

Marlborough was perfect for her, the perfect mixture of sport and academia. It challenged her where she needed it for she certainly was intelligent, but it also allowed her to use up all of her endless bounds of energy.

She was in the hundred now as they called it. Or year 11 to everyone else. GCSE time, it was serious that was what everyone kept telling her. But deep down Bella knew that for her, it didn't matter as much. She certainly would not want to fail them, she was far too competitive for that. But she also knew that the sleepless nights that some of her friends were already beginning to have wouldn't trouble her. She didn't need to get anything. It was more what she wanted to get and she did want to do well.

So she had begun revising for the mocks. Perhaps not as fervently as some of her other friends, she was far too focused on her sports to dedicate the amount of time they were, but she still was revising.

Hockey season was beginning and Bella was team captain for the lower school. It was perfect really, the eventing season ended in October but she didn't really do anything past September, then hockey season started up which took up a lot of her attention. Then as that came to an end netball started which she wasn't as much a fan of but still in the team which meant she had to do some things. Then a few weeks into netball the eventing season would start back up giving her the perfect excuse to not do as much netball, especially considering how she had done last year.

Following the pony club area event last spring, Bella had qualified for the pony club championships. And, much to her surprise, she and Kaapi had come 6th. It was mad, Bella was unbelievably excited when it happened. She hadn't quite realised how good she was and it made her want to continue competing, especially when her family were encouraging it which she was also surprised about.

This year would be good though. She would get her mocks over and done with (hopefully doing well in them) then it would be onto the real thing in the summer. And once all her exams were out of the way she would be able to have a brilliant summer. A summer that consisted of parties with her friends, eventing every weekend she could and spending the rest of the time with her family.

Who could ask for anything better.

♔♕

𝙼𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚖𝚊𝚜

"What's the quadratic formula?"

"Oh, um...x equals minus b plus minus the square root of...b, uhh, minus, um, minus...oh I don't know!" Harriet exclaimed with a huge sigh, she threw her hands down on the books that were surrounding them in despair, crying out, "I hate maths!!"

"Minus 4ac all over 2a." Bella replied with a smile.

"And the first b after the square root is squared." Rose continued, giggling at the glare Harriet sent to the two of them.

"I repeat, I hate maths."

"Don't we all." Bella said in dismay as she threw the textbook she was holding onto the pile of books around the three roommates.