37 ♔♕ 𝗿𝘂𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗮

the thirtieth of july 2012

day two

Adrenaline.

It was pure adrenaline that was coursing through her veins. Making her feel every single pump of her heart as it pushed more and more around her body.

She was like this every cross country morning. Out of her wits with nerves whilst simultaneously managing to be unbelievably excited and a little bit terrified. An unusual combination that meant Bella was a strange person to be around on those mornings.

She would go quite, which was strange within itself, and it didn't matter what you were saying to her, unless it was about the course she was about to jump or about her horse, there was no response. Perhaps a brief nod if she felt like it, but no words.

Bella was far too busy concentrating on the thought of the solid fences she would be galloping over for words.

Rio was buzzing as well. Which, like Bella, was not an unusual occurrence. He could feel the atmosphere. The excitement of cross country. He was like a coiled spring, ready to jump at any moment.

That was what she needed. Well, that was what she needed to a certain extent. The course was hilly, and twisty, and turny.

But she had every faith in Rio. He was as fit as a butcher's dog. He could, and always would, go the extra mile.

The question was, could she hold him for the turns and the steep hills? Could she stop him running away towards jumps? Maybe even stop him going too fast?

Bella hoped so. She wanted to believe she could. And she would certainly soon find out.

♔♕

"A very exciting round this is with it hopefully being one of the faster ones for Team GB... and they look absolutely ready and raring to go, next on to the cross country we have of course, Her Royal Highness Princess Isabella of Wales riding Antarctic Emperor for Team GB."

♔♕

It was, quite literally, a tunnel of noise.

In every point of her vision that wasn't what was straight in front of her, there were people. Red, white and blue blurs as she galloped past them, looking ahead for the next jump.

Rio felt amazing.

He was pulling and pulling, which she probably would dislike in a few moments when they jumped off the step, but for now, it was good.

Very, very good.

♔♕

"Well he's absolutely full of running is this horse, you can just see there he's lifting his head as they come into the jump to try and get above the bit and pull even more than he is... she's not letting him though, and a beautiful jump it is over that one... it would certainly be a surprise to me if this isn't inside the time."

♔♕

This was fast.

She could feel it. And a glance down at her watch told her it for certain.