20 ♔♕ 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀

𝟷𝟶 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟺,
𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎,
𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚗.

It had been a long day.

Charles had been visiting Yorkshire in the morning and then County Durham in the afternoon and he was unbelievably thankful of his bed when he finally got in it that night.

It was the unbelievably annoying sound of someone repeatedly knocking on his door that woke him up. God knows how long they had been out there for. Groaning, he rolled over and blinked at his clock. 𝟶𝟸:𝟻𝟽.

At first he thought that he must have been dreaming it but then there was another knock. No one ever knocked at this time, it was only if, well, if something had happened.

Gulping, he sprang out of bed, tying his dressing gown around him as he opened the door, "what is it?" Charles asked urgently, worry clear in his voice.

It was his bleary eyed private secretary that was stood on the other side of the door, "Your Royal Highness," he began with a nod of the head, "I'm afraid it's Princess Isabella Sir."

It was like he had just been electrocuted. Adrenaline and worry coursed through his veins as his heart began to speed up. He was frozen to the spot, unable to think of anything else than the image of his daughter.

"Sir?"

"What's happened?" Charles managed to make himself say, already feeling a little unsteady on his feet.

"Apparently there has been an...altercation with some paparazzi -"

Before he could continue, Charles cut him off, "altercation?!"

"Yes sir. According to the initial message sent through by her PO's, they were surrounded by paparazzi, who somehow managed to break off both Lady Rose and Miss Chadwick, as well as one of her PO's."

"Is she okay?"

The man faltered. And for that second Charles practically saw his whole world fall to the ground, "talk to me man!" He shouted, startlingly the older man.

"Her Royal Highness was pushed over during the altercation. She hit her head on the car door and then again on the floor." Michael answered quickly.

"And?" Charles pressed, his heart already pounding in his ears.

"That's all we know sir."

"What?"

"It has only just happened sir...her PO's sent through the message on the way to the hospital."

Without waiting for Michael to follow, Charles pushed past him and practically ran to his office. "I need to go be with her."

"It's already being looked at Sir but I'm afraid the first flight to Miami from London is at 10.35." Michael replied as he hastily followed Charles into his office.

"The first scheduled flight you mean."

"Um, well, yes Sir." He replied, watching as Charles began rifling through a folder. "If I may ask sir, what are you doing?"