34 ♔♕ 𝗮𝘄𝗸𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟸

"Bella."

She turned away from the voice, pulling the duvet covers with her so she could curl back up.

"Bella."

There it was again.

"Bella."

And again. No matter how much she moved away from it, the voice followed her, constantly calling her name. Half heartedly she lifted her arm, trying desperately to bat away the person who was talking to her.

"Darling please."

So it was Alex.

Well if anyone knew not to wake her up like that it was him. He should have known better.

"Bella."

The lovely dream she had been having was slowly fading away. "Go away." She croaked, waving her arm around at him again.

"This is important."

"Can't be as important as my sleep." She grumpily replied, pulling her pillow over her head in an effort to return back to her dream.

"Your father just saw me with only my underpants on."

Shit.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Okay, maybe that was more important than her sleep.

Sitting bolt upright, she turned to Alex who was perched on the edge of her bed with her dressing gown pulled tightly around him. "You're joking."

"I would like nothing more than to be joking." He replied, his face turning a deathly white as the memory returned, "do you think I'd be dressed like this if I was joking."

"Take it off for gods sake," she motioned towards her dressing gown, "you'll stretch the shoulders... I am actually quite impressed you managed to get it on."

"The future King of England was staring at me with only my underpants on, I think I'd have managed to fit into one of Barbie's dresses if I'd have had to."

She laughed at that. A huge laugh that only made Alex go more pale.

"This is not funny Bella."

"I know," she chuckled, her laugh fading to a sigh as she thought, "what did he say? And why the hell did you only have your pants on?"

"I was going to the loo, I opened the wrong door and just as I opened it your father was walking past... he looked me up and down as I scrambled to find a piece of clothing, this," he gestured to the baby blue dressing gown that he had now taken off, "was hanging off the door so I grabbed it, put it on and then he just said "Alex?" I said "yes, sir" and then he nodded and walked off."

"He walked off." She giggled, delighting in the story, "you know, the blue really brings out your eyes."

"Bella." He practically growled, his face now turning an interesting colour of red with embarrassment.

"Yes, yes sorry darling." Bella replied as she desperately tried to hide the smile on her face.

"What are we going to do?"

He asked the question so genuinely that it made another chuckle swell up from her chest, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She coughed, trying to regain her composure, "look, um, I'm sure it won't be that bad... think of it this way, you've broken the ice and the important parts were covered, imagine how even more embarrassed you'd be if he'd seen the Powlett Crown Jewels as well!"

"This is not funny!" He glowered back, turning onto his back with a huff.

"Oh but it so is," she grinned back, smoothing his hair to try to calm him down, "look, I'll go down now... clear the air, make sure all is okay."