Chapter 4 - Episode 5: Strike the Earth

(The episode begins above the treeline in a forest. Suddenly, we see Sparx fly up and look around. We hear a voice speak to him.)

???: See anything up there, Sparx?

Sparx: Nothing, Spyro. Not a town in sight. (The camera pans down and we see Spyro the dragon looking up at Sparx.)

Spyro: Then all we can do is keep moving forward. C'mon, Sparx. (We cut back up to see Sparx flying down. A large ship is seen coming in from the distance.)

(We cut to a new area of the forest. A small campfire is sending a small wave of smoke into the air. The fire seems to have gone out some time ago. The camera moves back and we see Shovel Knight digging into the Earth with his shovel. His shovel suddenly hits something.)

Shovel Knight: Huzzah! I have found something! (Shovel Knight reaches into the ground and pulls out a treasure chest. He opens it up and digs inside, only to find a rupee.) What kind of currency is this? (He shrugs and pockets the rupee before casually walking off into the forest.)

(We cut to the outskirts of the forest as the ship from before has landed. It is a Helghast Cruiser. A troop of Helghan soldiers emerges from it, all holding rifles.)

Soldier: Search the entire perimeter for anything useful. Kill all those who oppose. (The soldiers march off into the forest.)

(We cut back to Spyro and Sparx walking through the forest.)

Spyro: We gotta keep moving, Sparx.

Sparx: I'm coming. (A figure watches them from the trees. Their gaze seems to center on Sparx. Suddenly from out of the woods, a hoodmonger (Rayman) stands in front of our heroes holding a shotgun.)

Spyro: Woah, a walking potato sack! (The hoodmonger aims his shotgun and fires. Spyro picks up his front, left foot as the bullet hits right under it. Angrily.) Alright, now you're gonna get it! (He runs towards the hoodmonger. We cut to Shovel Knight walking through the woods as we hear sounds from the fight.)

Shovel Knight: Oh my! A tussle is surely taking place. (He takes out his shovel and holds it high into the air.) Steel thy shovel! (He runs towards the fight.)

(We cut back to Spyro as he runs up to the hoodmonger and headbutts it onto the ground. As he attempts to get up, Spyro shoots his flame breath onto it, engulfing it into flames.)

Spyro: I think I smell a barbecue. (We see Shovel Knight running towards where Spyro is, although he is still hidden in the trees.)

Shovel Knight: A dragon? How peculiar...

Spyro: Alright, Sparx. Now that that punk is taken care of...

???: Target acquired.

Spyro: Huh? (Suddenly, a group of four Helghan soldiers charge out into the small clearing that Spyro is in. They all hold rifles towards him. Shovel Knight looks at the scene in shock.) And who are you supposed to be?

Soldier: We are the Helghan. You are coming with us. (Two of the soldiers grab Spyro by his horns.)

Spyro: Let me go! Get your hands off my horns!

Soldier: It's nothing personal. (The soldiers begin taking Spyro away, but Sparx attempts to fight back by buzzing around one's head. The soldier back hands Sparx and he crashes to the ground.) Annoying pest. (The soldiers take Spyro away. Leaving the two other soldiers to inspect Sparx.)

Soldier: I'll snuff out its light. (As the soldier raises his foot to step on Sparx, we hear a voice.)

Shovel Knight: Tally ho! (Shovel Knight runs out of the brush and shovel drops off of the soldier who was about to step on Sparx. The soldier falls to the ground. Shovel Knight lands and holds out his shovel.) Steel thy shovel, evil-doers.