Chapter 1 - Interlude

(We begin back inside of the Death Egg. Dr. Eggman is seen typing on his computer. Orbot and Cubot are also there. He gets up from his seat and turns immediately into Master Mind. He screams.)

Eggman: Uuuhhh, Master Mind... I didn't hear you come in.

Master Mind: Eggman, has there been any news from Dr. Cortex?

Eggman: Actually, we just got a new shipment from him.

Master Mind: How many?

Eggman: Well... uhhh... t-t-two

Master Mind: Two?!

Eggman: W-w-well...

Master Mind: Two cannot cut it Eggman!

Eggman: Believe me, I'm not happy about it either. If it were up to me, you would have all of the power you need.

Master Mind: If your robots hadn't failed to capture a child... !

Eggman: Oh! I was going to tell you about that. My egg robos have been finding new subjects in space. They're fairly easy to capture. (To himself.) Well except for that one. Big nosed guy with plant men.

Master Mind: Quiet Eggman! (Thinking for a second.) Your work has been... exceptional. Thank you, Doctor.

Eggman: You're welcome, M-Master Mind.

Orbot: These two are gonna take over the world?

Master Mind: (Turning to Orbot.) What was that?

Orbot: Well, you and Eggman aren't the most accomplished people.

Master Mind: (Advancing on Orbot.) I'll show you accomplished, you piece of scrap! (He's about to shoot his lightning but keels over in pain again.) Aaaaggh!

Eggman: Master Mind!

Master Mind: I... need... more... power.

Eggman: We don't have enough power.

Master Mind: In your world... there are... objects... that give people power.

Eggman: Of course. Chaos emeralds, the master emerald, probably more.

Master Mind: Find a way to locate these objects. We need their power.

Eggman: Right away! (He runs off to his computer.)

Master Mind: And I know just the croc to find these.

(We cut to a pirate ship. The one from episode 2 with King K. Rool and the kremlings. K. Rool is steering the ship. Suddenly, Master Mind's voice is heard.)

Master Mind: K. Rool. (King K. Rool turns around to find Master Mind and Dr. Eggman.)
Pleasure to see you again.

King K. Rool: The pleasure is mine. (Gesturing to Dr. Eggman.) Who's he?

Eggman: I am Dr. Eggman.

King K. Rool: So you're like half egg, half man?

Eggman: No, I...

Master Mind: We have a new mission for you K. Rool.

King K. Rool: Huh?

Master Mind: Have you heard of an item called the power star?

King K. Rool: I've heard rumors of the things.

Master Mind: There's one not too far from here. I want you to get it. Dr. Eggman here has drawn up a map to it for you. (Dr. Eggman hands King K. Rool a map.) Can you handle this K. Rool?

King K. Rool: (Looks at the map and then looks back at Master Mind.) Of course. (To kremlings.) Alright men! We sail for smoother seas! Get this ship in shape! (The kremlings start running around.)

Master Mind: I wish you luck, your majesty.

(The camera zooms out before turning to black. Then we hear a voice.)

???: Marioooooooooo!!

End of Episode