Chapter 2 - Episode 3: Nothing is True

(The episode begins outside of the walls of some kind of town. The exterior is a forested area. A doduo is eating grass off of the ground. A figure walks in front it. It is Marth Lowell. The camera turns so we can see the archway leading into the town. However, before he can go inside, screams are heard from within. Marth looks shocked before hurrying inside.)

(We follow Marth into the town and the camera turns to see what's causing the commotion. It turns out to be Blanka, who is growling and snarling at the crowd that has gathered around him. Marth prepares his blade.)

???: Get back you monster! (Suddenly, the Prince of Persia runs in front of a family near Blanka and holds out his sword to protect them.) Back! Get back! (Blanka runs up and grabs the Prince and then flings him away behind him.) Agh! (Blanka runs toward the Prince but gets blocked off by Marth.)

Marth: Stay back! (Blanka claws at Marth, who dodges and furiously swipes at Blanka with the falchion and knocks him back. He prepares for another blow, but Blanka starts to radiate electricity and when the falchion makes contact it electrocutes Marth. While he's paralyzed, Blanka does a roll tackle into him, knocking him into a fruit cart. There is a watermelon on his head. A Lickitung comes up and licks it.)

Lickitung: Tung! Tung!

Marth: How humiliating…

(The Prince pulls out the dagger of time and swipes Blanka with it. Blanka attempts to do another roll tackle, but before he hits the Prince, time starts going in reverse and Blanka is back on his feet, confused.)

Marth: Huh? What just happened? (Blanka looks confused until the Prince hits him with the dagger again. Blanka looks to attack again, but Marth quickly runs up and deals a devastating blow on him. Blanka flies through the air and lands on the ground, knocked out. Marth and the Prince stand together, and the town elder comes up behind them.)

Elder: Thank you, kind warriors, for defeating this beast that has entered our town. He has been terrifying us for too long.

Prince: It was no problem, sir.

Elder: But that beast was no easy foe to defeat. Tell me, who are you two?

Marth: I am Marth Lowell, prince of Altea.

Prince: And I am the prince of Persia.

Elder: Do you have a name, prince of Persia?

Prince: I'd prefer to keep that to myself.

Elder: Well nonetheless, we must honor you both for protecting us. I propose a feast tonight at the town hall.

Marth: You are too kind.

Elder: It is the least we can do. (To everyone.) Come, we shall dine with these two fine princes who have saved us from this beast. Let us go. (The crowd and our heroes head off. Blanka remains and stirs slightly. A figure comes out from the shadows and approaches Blanka. It is the evil sorcerer, Quan Chi.)

Quan Chi: You have let these princes make a fool of you my friend. (Blanka slowly looks up.) I am Quan Chi. I plan to take this realm for myself and for my leader, Lord Shinnok. I had thought that this would be a good place to start. I also believe that with both of our powers combined we can take over this town and soon, all of this realm. Will you join me? (Blanka thinks a moment and then nods his head.) Excellent. We shall begin shortly. (The camera pans out to the town rooftops. We see a hooded figure get up and silently run away.)

(We cut back to Marth, the Prince, and the Elder in an inn.)

Elder: You two may stay at this inn until you can figure out a way back to your kingdoms.