Chapter 5 - Episode 2: A Million Monkeys

(The episode begins in outer space. We see the Fighter (Galaga) fly by before we see a pod come into view with Earth in the background. A narrator begins to speak.)

Narrator (LBP): Planet Earth, or as the rest of the omniverse calls it: The Orb of Dreamers. (We cut to the inside of the pod to find the Sackboy at the controls.) Well, look who it is. It seems that adventure is brewing for our little sack friend. What's on the schedule for today? (Sackboy messes with the pod controls and we the Earth through the pod window imitate how choosing a level plays out in LittleBigPlanet. Sackboy chooses a location and a respawn portal opens up and the camera zooms inside.)

(We cut to a busy zoo. Many people are strolling through the open areas. We cut to a few employees trying to corral a kangaskhan (Pokemon) into an exhibit. We cut to one of the other exhibits to see Kuma (Tekken) sitting in it and staring at the people looking in. Yet another exhibit shows a bengal tiger (Kinectimals) chewing on a ball of yarn. The camera cuts and pans past a lion exhibit before settling on a specific exhibit. We cut inside of it to see Diddy Kong. He is looking around grumpily at the people watching him. A regular monkey comes up to Diddy to inspect him. Diddy turns away from him.)

(We cut to just outside the zoo. We see Toejam, Earl, and PaRappa are walking through the zoo employee parking lot with PaRappa on his skateboard.)

PaRappa: So where do we go now?

Toejam: I would say we head back to the rocket, but who knows what's happened to it by now with those thugs.

Earl: And we don't know where it is.

Toejam: Good point, Big E.

PaRappa: I really wanna get home. I miss my family and my friends. Hopefully Sunny Funny's alright.

Earl: We'll get you back home, little dude.

PaRappa: Thanks, fellas! Now, where to? (Suddenly, a pipo monkey (Ape Escape) comes running through and takes PaRappa's skateboard from his hands and runs off.) Hey, that monkey took my board! (PaRappa runs after him with Toejam and Earl quickly following. We cut to the pipo monkey playing with the wheels on the skateboard outside a side entrance to the zoo.)

Toejam: Get funky! (Suddenly, a music note flies through the air and hits the pipo monkey down. He gets up, now missing his mind control helmet, and walks away. PaRappa runs up to get his skateboard.)

PaRappa: My board! (Toejam and Earl run up to him with Toejam holding a boombox.)

Toejam: Remember, music can solve everything.

PaRappa: (Picking up the mind control helmet.) Why was this thing on that monkey?

Toejam: Maybe it's a bike helmet.

PaRappa: I don't think so. (While they're talking, we see Earl look into the zoo at the people walking around. He spots a hot dog cart being pushed around. He begins walking after it.)

Toejam: Something unfunky is going on. Don't you feel it, Earl? (Earl is gone.) Earl? (A loud scream is suddenly heard from inside the zoo.) What has Big E done now? (Toejam and PaRappa run into the zoo. They see the hot dog vendor cowering in fear behind his stand.)

Hot Dog Vendor: Get away from me!

Earl: I would just like one hot dog please. (Toejam and PaRappa run up.)

PaRappa: What's going on?

Hot Dog Vendor: There's more of them!

Toejam: Chill out, homie. What seems to be the problem?

Hot Dog Vendor: Wait a minute. Are you three from that blackout that brought all those weirdos throughout the world?

PaRappa: Weirdos?