19. Death By Awkwardness

Dealing with a lot.. emotionally. No worries, hope you can understand(: I will try to keep up my promised updates, so don't worry too much my lovelies<3 xx

Also, exciting news! I have finally figured out what I want to do with this crazy, bipolar book! It's all been planned out, and I will be working hard on accomplishing what I want you to be able to read and enjoy! You will love it, I'm sure of it! (: this chapter is kind of a filler, but very soon the setting will be changing again! More adventures for our bipolar couple coming soon!(;

**********************************************

We had just finished setting the table and placing down plates full of food when Darius finally came down in a black v-neck and dark gray sweatpants that fitted way too well on him. He had a smug look on his face the entire time we sat down and began eating, and I really was starting to get ticked off. I was mad at him right now, and I wanted nothing more than to smack it off his face.

Trying to focus my mind on other things than Darius penetrating eyes from across the table, I noted how swell the food was. Danielle certainly had a raw, crisp talent for cooking and baking. The food was beyond excellent, and I filled my stomach to the brim. And I couldn't resist the chocolate moose for desert, which didn't help my over-eating issue at the moment.

We had light conversation throughout the dinner, but I mostly stayed quiet so the family could talk about their days. Darius didn't speak very much, except for the occasional 'Can you pass the mash potato bowl?' and what not. And almost every time I thought of his stupid face, I stabbed my fork a little harder than normal into my food, imagining his face being penetrated from the thin metal of my utensil.

Not that I would ever do that in real life, though...

At one point just a dinner had finished, Danielle started up an interesting topic that involved both of us.

"So, what's the relationship? Complicated, committed, in love, at each others throats?" Danielle gave me a small wink, unnoticed by Darius. I was the only one who knew that she knew that Darius was a mass criminal and was holding me captive, but I almost giggled at her playful conversation.

Maybe I could mess around with him a little, since he's the only one being toyed with here...

"Well," I sighed, putting down my fork and crossing my legs under the table. Darius glared at me, waiting for my answer with some desperate plead behind his eyes that only I could detect.

"We have a very... Interesting relationship, don't you think, Dari-poo?" I killed him with my clean, innocent smile afterwards.

He crushed his spoon into the potatoes, his jaw set with anger. I knew he hated my cute little nickname for him, which was exactly why I used it.

"Of course, it's very... Intense. Romantic. We are very close, almost inseparable." He gave me a small smirk at the end of his sentence, and I swallowed hard. What was he playing at now?

"What does that mean, deary?" I laugh, trying to lighten the sudden dark mood he had set upon us.

Danielle looked very humored at our conversation, but her husband just looked very confused and awkward. I kind of felt bad for him. He was, after all, innocent in all of this.

"We hold each other very close in bed, am I wrong kitten?" Darius' voice got ten times lower, and I shivered.

I had a feeling this bitch was messing with me hardcore.

"Close as a teddy bear." I reply between my teeth, faking my happiness with a sharp smile. I hoped he could hear the enthusiasm in my voice.

Danielle's child suddenly started crying because his fork fell over his high chair, so that immediately ended the conversation at the table. Once she dealt with her son, we all cleaned up the table and I helped her set the table back before heading back up to our room.