10. Barely

Back to regular updates(: I'm glad to be back... Are you?(; I missed you guys))):<3 short and sweet, but it'll get better((:

Auna<3

*********************************************

I was awoken by a crisp voice from the radio who seemed to be saying a thousand words a second. His voice was frantic and assertive, and before Darius could comment on my awoken state, I suddenly realized the guy on the radio was talking about us.

"What the hell?" I sit up and rub my forehead deeply, suddenly overwhelmed with the memories of the cop car and Darius' nervous gazes.

"I managed to speed off before he could get to the car. I was going to stay, but then I realized I hadn't brought any of my fake IDs with me after you came along... So I had to go." Darius spills, making my brain spin.

I hold up a hand and give him squinty eyes to show my state of function. He gives me a funny look for a second before returning to driving.

"Hold up," I whisper, sitting up fully. "So I fainted, and you sped off before the cop could reach your window?"

"Pretty much."

"So now we are all over the radio because the cop suspects your the world-renowned government whatever thief... And now we are in even more poop then we were?"

"Exactly.... And... Really? Poop?"

"Shut the fuck up!" I yell over at him, my voice scratchy. "Don't hate on my choice of words, you dick!"

"When did you get so annoyingly mean?" Darius says, raising his eyebrows.

"Since I was fresh outta the womb, bitch."

He lifts a hand off the steering will and pretends to surrender before pulling out a giant smirk. I puff my cheeks at him and turn to look out the window, and then I gasp.

"It's night time already?! How long was I out?"

"A few hours... You slept like a baby, might I add." Darius says. "I had to take off roads since the police would be scouting the highways. But we shouldn't be much longer."

"Okay." I tap my finger on my chin. "Is your sister nice?" I ask, suddenly interested in knowing a little more about the person Darius had lived with since he got out of school, I guessed.

"I guess..." He replied, almost a question. I guessed he had had some fights with her when they were younger, but doesn't everyone? I know Hayley and I certainly didn't get along a lot.

"Is she pretty? What does she look like? Do you think she'll like me?" I blast him with more questions. I didn't want to be that person that shook hands with someone and instantly forgets their name after they tell me it and have to awkwardly talk to them and pretend I remembered their names.

"Slow down, kitten. Can't you just wait until we get there?"

"I want to know what she's like so I can fit in better! At least tell me her name." I pout my lips out at him again, hopefully getting to him.

He lets out a breath and glances over at me with an annoyed look.

"Do you have a mute button?"

"On my ass." I growl. When he reaches out his arm towards me, I slap it away with a scream and shoot him daggers.

"You would dare? I will spit on you. Hard. And then I would throw you out of the car. And then I would lite you on fire with gasoline, and then I would watch you burn while I stabbed you repeatedly in the stomach with a flaming pitchfork."