20. Unlikely Invitation

Comment things you would like to see happen (funny/cute scenes w/ Lena and Darius) in this book! I might pick some to write about(; it might change a little though depending on what the plot is to match it with the book.

Next chapter is long and sweet! Can't wait to upload for you guys(: this chapter is a bit of a filler for a big part of the book! *wink wink*

Btw the ugly dress is blue and black(:

Auna xx

************************************************

"I'm going running, come take it with me." Darius says, pulling on an Nike muscle shirt over his head. He already had on track sweats and matching Nike shoes, obviously ready to hit the block.

"Uh..." I look down at my body and subconsciously point to my belly. "You really think I like doing that? No." I state the obvious and walk over to the vanity mirror on the wall next to the dresser. I tug my mop of hair into a tight messy bun and stare at the dark circles under my eyes for a minute.

"Just come. You need the exercise if you end up being with me for awhile and it's good for you. Besides, you don't have anything planned today, I would suppose. Since you know, we are in hiding and all." Darius folds his arm over his chest and looks at me through the mirror with a cocky smile on his face.

I send him narrowed eyes and turn around, sighing in the process. "What's in it for me, though?"

"Burning calories, the nice feeling of an after run."

"I want an actual, noticeable reward." I mimic him and cross my own arms over my chest, sticking out my hip just to add to the attitude of the room at the moment.

Darius raises his eyebrows and places a hand under his chin as if thinking about my offer. I had only just now noticed the five o'clock shadow that lined his face under his cheekbones, and strangely enough I found it very attractive. Maybe he would leave it like that for awhile...

"Fine." He says, cutting off my daydream about his face. "I'll take you to a very special club tonight. I know the owners, they know me. We would be safe, and we can have fun for a night. How does that sound?"

"I'm under-aged."

He smirks deviously, and I feel myself squirm under his gaze.

"Who do you think I am?" And from his pocket, he pulls out a fake ID of a blonde woman who looked similar to myself. I walk closer and try to take the ID from him, but he snatches it away and puts it away.

"Where did you get that?"

"I have my ways. I'm always a prepared man, unlike you..."

"Shut up, let's just get this over with..." I walk past him and open the bedroom door before turning around to make sure he followed.

"So is that a yes, kitten?" Darius asks as he walks past me through the doorway. I follow him downstairs before making my decision.

"Sure. Just one condition, please go easy on me." I beg as he opens the front door.

He only winks at me.

***

"Darius! Please, stop! I can't... Take it..." I wheeze, struggling to keep up with the muscle-monster in front of me. He wasn't even breaking a freaking sweat and I felt like we've ran a marathon!

"It's only been three miles, kitten. Come on, three more. You can do it!" Darius turns around from in front of me and starts to jog backwards. I caught a glimpse of his calves flexing as he turned around, and nearly fell over at their size.