47. Forever

LAST CHAPTER ALOALXKDIWJ IM SO EXCITED!!!!

are you ready? I don't think you're ready!
*************************************************************

"Ow! Momma, he's hurting me!" Elayna exclaimed, trying to pull her blonde curls out of Jon's chubby little fingers.

I rip my apron off and place it on the counter before whipping my hair up into a messy bun to get it out of my eyes. "Jonathan, let your sister's hair go or I swear to God I will hit you with this spatula." I pick it up and raise my eyebrows, watching as little Jon quietly pulls away and shrinks back in his high chair.

"Good boy." I smile and grab a few pieces of sweet corn for him to munch on before dinner. He picks them up sloppily and stuffs them into his mouth. I reach over and rub his brown-haired head before placing an affectionate kiss on both of my children. Walking back over to the stove I continue to make the food without the apron on. Screw trying to look like a decent wife.

Gee, how much time has passed since I decided to walk down the aisle. The first one was planned, and almost three years after the wedding Darius and I were gifted with a little girl with eyes like her father's and hair the color of mine. The second was.. Well... An accident. It happened on the night of my sister's wedding two years ago in a banged up hotel on the side of the street. But I loved my little Jon just as much as my baby girl. I was glad things have happened the way they have. I couldn't imagine life without those two little munchkins.

"Good evening, kitten." A deep voice said behind me. I instantly smiled and turned to be lifted into the air by Darius. He spun me around several times while I went into a fit of laughter and gave me a butterfly kiss before setting me back down on the floor. He must've just got back home.

"Dinners almost ready. How was work?" I fleck off a piece of fuzz from his black suit and place both hands on the tops of his shoulders.

"It was great. How have the munchkins been?" Darius asks, squeezing my hips with his fingers. A spark of warmth spreads throughout my body and I lean closer into his chest, tilting my head up towards his blue-gray eyes.

"They've been pretty good today, thank god. I feel like I've been ripping my hair out the past few days." Darius has been gone for three days on a business trip in the city and I've been stuck with the kids. Call it heaven, call it hell. Honestly it was both.

Darius laughs warmly and moves to say hello to the children. I quickly finish up dinner and begin to make servings for Darius and I and for the children. Once we are all seated, Darius tells me about his day and the promotions that were soon to come. I smile at him and take his hand from across the table, earning an even bigger smile from him. How odd it was that this would be my future, growing old with the man who had took my life into his hands those handful of years ago. It was certainly something I didn't regret at all. Not even for a second.

I loved him. He loved me. And that was all that matters.

After dinner I clean up the table and put the kids to bed before finally heading up to the bedroom. My eyes were droopy with drowsiness and I fall into bed face first with a loud groan. Those little squirts took the life from me, almost literally. A few minutes later I hear shower turn off and  the bathroom door open. A voice sets me on fire next to my ear.

"Hello, beautiful." Darius rumbles, and I turn to see his lovely face.

"Hey, Dari-poo." I smile, my eyes shifting to his lips. He looks down at mine as well and leans in to plant a passionate kiss on my lips.

"Remember our wedding night?" He whispers, pulling away just enough for me to gaze into his dark eyes.

A shiver tumbles down my spine and I sit up. Darius grabs me and lifts me up, allowing me to shift my legs around his waist.

"Almost like it was yesterday." I say in a sultry voice. Darius' grip on the back of my thighs hardens and he slides them up to rest on my butt. He gives me a hard squeeze.

"Why don't we try to repeat it?" He says with a smirk.

"A million years ago I would've slapped you across the face and ran away from you." I laugh, slipping my hands around his neck.

"Oh really?" He lays me down on the bed and climbs over me like a predator ready to pounce at his prey. "Are you sure about that?"

Before I can respond he presses his lips against my neck in a heated kiss before licking the spot he kissed. I involuntarily gasp and strengthen my grip on him.

"No, not really..." I reply breathlessly. The things he did to me, I didn't know how to explain them.

"Well then," He responds huskily. "I say we should reproduce again, what do you think?"

I smile and lean up to kiss him, hard. "And have another whiny brat?"

"Or have another little Lena. I wouldn't mind one of those." Darius says as a hand slips under my shirt. I let out a small moan and grip the towel on his waist.

"Another little Lena? What about another little Darius?" And with that, I yank off his towel and toss it to the side.

"Feisty are we?" Darius growls, nearly ripping my shirt in half as he pulls it over my head.

"Only for you, my love."

Darius smiles, his blue-gray eyes lighting up at my words. "I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too. Darius Jackson."

And with that, he takes me to a whole different world. One that was only ours, and one that I would have never had if I hadn't stopped him in front of that stupid little sub shop.

Darius Jackson, my criminal. My life, and my only love.

I couldn't ask for any better life than this little miracle.

THE END

***

Thank you all for reading and staying with me in this book and slow updates. I couldn't have done this without you all, and it is all such a blessing. Thank you again. Acknowledgements and such in the next part(:

xoxo, Auna