27. Table Manners

SURPRISE DOUBLE CHAPTER!!! WOOT WOOT! and wow. what about 80k in a week? omg this story is growing faster than my sleep addiction! I feel like my chapters are kinda eh right now. let me know what you think. more exciting things to come though, and will Darius' and Lena's feelings grow stronger as they try to find Sylan? drop a comment/ opinion below! don't forget to vote too! <33 love yall

CUTE SCENE ALERT IN THIS CHAPTER!

********************************************************

"Woah, what? I didn't sign up to be some kind of bait here. I just wanted to help!" I raise my voice, making it bounce off the hard tile below our feet.

"And you will help by contributing as an 'interest' to Sy. No Lena's will be affected in the making of this plan, I promise." Darius proves his word by swearing over his heart, but I still feel anxious. "I will be there if anything gets... Physical. In both ways." He wiggles his eyebrows, and I groan outwardly.

Damn male specimen. Almost as stupid as a peanut. No hate on peanuts though, promise.

I suddenly remember our agreement to work for Grayson, and turn towards the burly man. "Gray, if I may ask... Darius implied earlier that we should help out in your bar since we will be talking up your apartment."

"Oh, sure! I wouldn't mind a few extra helping hands down there, actually."

"What do you want us to do? Darius suggested we bus your tables... But we need to stay out of the public eye as best we can."

"Yeah, that's sounds fine. Before and after we open would be good. Just tidying up, that would help me a lot." Grayson smiles, and clasps his hands together. "I have to go close the place up downstairs, so if you would like to start now, that would be great."

"Of course. We will go clean up, right kitten?" Darius gives me a look, and I immediately know that wasn't all he had in mind. I gulped.

"Yeah... Clean up." I whisper, refusing to let my terrified state show through my face to give Darius any kind of satisfaction.

"Great, let's head down. Henry should've already closed the place down by now, so you should be fine." We follow Grayson back down to the bar, where the AC just happened to be blasting.

Goosebumps formed on my skin, and I rubbed my arms as I scanned the area. I hadn't thought to really look at it from the inside, since we had been looking for Darius' friend at the time.

"Towels and such are in the back of the kitchen, so you can start whenever." Grayson says, immediately pulling out his phone after he tells us what to do. He types in a number and walks away out of the bar, talking in a language to the person on the other end in what I thought might be Italian.

"Are they foreign? His family?" I ask Darius, who began to make his way to the kitchen. I blindly follow.

"Yeah, they're from Italy."

"Don't tell me Sy is some mafia leader, please." I groan. "Those guys are always badass and really hot and you can't ever get into their heads."

"Are you calling my ex-best friend hot?" Darius smirks, turning around to walk backwards so he could watch as my fave turned red.

"N-No!" I say quickly, fisting my hands at my sides. "I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying in general..."

"Well, you probably would if you saw him. He isn't good at what he does just because he's smart."

"Are you jealous? What if I said I would think he is hot?"

"I'm not jealous. I wouldn't care, either. Even if you fucked him, I wouldn't."

I gap at him, and I feel my eyebrows raise. "What?! What kind of person do you think I am? I haven't even--" I stop myself, and Darius' eyebrows raise. "Never mind."