7. Cuddling and A Friendly Call

Setting will be changing soon(; enjoy

**************************************************

I wake up screaming, tears staining my face. The room is dark, and for a second I still feel like I'm in my dream.

"Lena? What's wrong?" I recognize the voice, deep and soft. I realize it was Darius, and instantly feel myself relax.

That wasn't real, it was just a memory.

"I-I just had a bad dream." I say, my grip in the blanket tightening. I wipe away my tears, and try to close my eyes.

"Want to sleep with me?" I swear he made that a double meaning, and fake a laugh.

"No thanks." I say, turning over on my other side.

"Okay then." Darius lays back down, and instantly it's silent again.

My father's words still pound in my head, and even when I try to go back to sleep I can't. I turn back over to face Darius, and keep my eyes open. The gentle stir of the a/c keeps my mind at some ease, but not enough. Maybe I shouldn't have turned down his offer..

No, snap out of it Lena. You can't, that would be weird.

But maybe it's not weird since I just had a nightmare....

I slowly get up, suddenly wanting the comfort of someone near. I tiptoe over to his bed, and stop when my thighs touch the mattress. Oh God, what was I doing?

I am careful to open the sheets with little noise and try to sink into the bed without making the springs cry out. As soon as I'm halfway down though, Darius flips over, a smirk on his face. I feel a shiver press down my spine, and my muscles lock in place.

"You decided to join me?" Darius says huskily, and I felt like my heart could burst.

"I-Im just scared. Don't think of any other stupid reason you might have." I'm glad I was able to cover that up.

Before he can say anything else, I slide the rest of the way in and cover myself with the blankets. It was hard to get comfortable though when I could feel his skin on my back, and the strong heat he radiated to me.

"Uncomfortable? It's quite cozy in here." Darius remarks, and I nearly jump three feet in the air when I feel his finger poke my side.

"Just stay on your side and I'll stay on mine and everything will be at peace, okay?" I draw, turning to face him.

He gives me a side smile, and even in the dark his gray eyes seem to glow. "I can't promise you that, kitten."

I puff out my cheeks, and turn back around-- done with his stupid remarks. Thankfully he shut up after that when I didn't respond, and I closed my eyes.

And was the night just beginning...

***

I barely got a wink of sleep during the rest of the night. Darius thought it would be funny to try to keep me up all night by breathing on my neck and touching my sides. At one point I was so exhausted and tired of his stupid nagging and turned around to punch him in the chest. It was kind of a bad move, because he pushed me off the bed-- leaving me to climb back in with my cheeks as red as tomatoes.

After that, neither of us bothered each other, and I finally fell asleep.

Shifting in my sleep, I wake up, blinking as milky sunlight streams in through the curtains. The clock read 9:32.

I blink several times to wake myself and try to get up, only I realize I can't. Something was holding me down. I turn around and hold my breath, my eyes scanning over a sleeping Darius who's arms are secured around my waist.