34. Behind The Smoke

Lena's feelings GO CRAZZZYY!! you'll find out what I mean later(; enjoy xoxo

AND ISNT DARIUS JUST SO SMEXY IN THAT PICTURE!??!! <3

************************************************

I walk back into the apartment with a weighted feeling in my chest. I needed to tell Darius about what happened, but I didn't know if I could. Would he be upset? Angered? Happy?

My brain wracked through every possible outcome he could portray, and instead of thinking about it I made my way to the fridge and decided to have some dinner before I thought about telling him.

I make myself some oatmeal and sit at the table right as Darius walks out in a pair of sweats and wet hair that was messily tossed about on his head. I can't help but glance at his set of abdominals that were portrayed innocently on display, and his tattoos that lined his back in a symmetrical kind of way and snaked around his front like a blanket. It almost made me want to go out and get one myself just because they were so beautiful.

"Why are you back early?" He asks, digging through the pantry and pulling out a box of goldfish.

"Um.. Sy let me out early." I respond quickly, inhaling a bite and nearly choking in the process so I wouldn't have to say anything immediately after.

His stilled for a second, pausing before he opened his package of goldfish. His eyebrows lowered but I guess he decided not to say anything else. Making his way to the table, he sits across from me and pulls out his phone.

"You should start running with me early in the mornings. It'll keep those skinny legs of yours in shape, and Sy likes girls with a little meat under their skin.

"You can't make me," I reply from behind the spoon that I held over my lips. "Running is not a friendly hobby of mine."

"I don't think it is for anyone, kitten. But it's good for you and it'll help you lay off some... Pounds."

"Are you saying what I think your implying?"

"Not at all, kitten." He winks my way. "I'm just referring to reality of things."

"Fight me."

"Gladly, as long as I'm on top though." He laughs at his own pun and I growl.

"I'm serious, get up. We are fighting right now."

He raises his eyebrows at my ferocity to the subject and pauses on his goldfish. "For real?"

"Yeah, obviously."

"You do realize how this will end, don't you? It doesn't take a lot to get you a little wild, obviously."

"Yeah, it will end up with you having two broken legs, a shattered spine and an indented face. Might want to say your goodbyes to those pretty cheekbones and eyes of yours before we go."

"Fine, you've got me excited. Let's go."

We both stand from the table and I'm immediately in life or death mode. My muscles bunch and I feel my heart rate speed up about a thousand times more. Darius cocks his head at my sudden change in stance, and lightly chuckles before slowly making his way around the table.

"Scared, kitten? Do you need the table as a shield from me?" Demonstrating the word 'me' he flexes his biceps and I sneer, my cheeks aflame when I catch the way they move delicately under his skin.

"Nothing of the sort. I just want to come out victorious... And alive."

"Well, I'm afraid that won't be the case." Before I can move, Darius flings himself over the table and I screech.