Chapter 1 Dinner

Chapter 1 Dinner

Third person POV.

Katherine sat in the back of her dad's car looking out the window watching everything around her pass by as her dad talked constantly about what will be happening for two years.

If she was being honest all she wanted to do was listen to music and daydream about anything that comes to mind, but sadly she couldn't. She has to listen to her dad or she could be listening to these conversations for more then… well now. Though he has been talking for at least a couple hours about what is happening and even has for weeks now.

"This is going to be good for you," Dean said.

That sentence just got her mentally chuckling to herself. To her, that just reminds her of any show about a family driving somewhere new, far away from where they grew up in and where all their friends and family are and one of the parents try to help the situation by saying something to ease the tension and… it really doesn't help: either they know they aren't helping or they do.

Though Katherine didn't have friends or really a home from the start so she wasn't really 'missing' out on anything.

Dean looks through the rearview mirror to his daughter, "You remember the deal we made?" he asks her once again.

Though to him, he can't remember if he did ask her. His anxiety and worry for his kid, his only child is very high and it's causing him memory loss and fogginess.

Katherine sighs and rolls her eyes.

Dean couldn't contain a small smile to form on his face when he had seen the eye roll of annoyances of him. “Yes,” she stretches her arms out and then crosses them over her chest when she is done stretching.

Dean looks back to the road. His eyes casting around him to see if he can go and luckily for him, he can. 

With having a daughter of his own that he had to take care of alone-ish… with no mother involved, Dean becomes very, very protective of her.

Dean made sure Katherine had everything and knew everything she would need to keep herself safe from anything and almost everything that could come her way; like the hunting life, humans, crazy humans, and so on with things that could cause her harm. Dean would constantly ask her questions about what she would need to do in moments like 'hunting' and or if someone randomly just jumps-you moments.

Though, the biggest thing Dean has done to keep his daughter safe is trained her in her fighting skills and how to use any weapon that they had in the bunker, "Please say it, one last time... for now" he asks.

Katherine didn't like this; she really didn't like it at all. She didn't want to be left out of the hunting life… well at least for a while. Two years exact.

She wanted to stay with her dad and uncle Sammy, but she had to agree with her dad and she is going through with the deal.

"When I turn nine-teen I can come back and help you and uncle Sam with hunts," she said, looking up to the front; to her dad as he drove through the crowded roads towards the place they have to drop Sam off to and then a place to eat.

Dean smiles bigger, "Yes, good you were listening” he claps his hands on the steering wheel happily.

Katherine rolls her eyes and Sam laughs. “So I'll drop Sam off then we will go get some food,” he adds. “Then I’ll be staying the night, but then I have to get back to help Sam."

Katherine nods her head tiredly, “I'll be back in a couple of weeks to check up on you” he adds.

Dean didn’t fully like the idea of leaving his daughter, but he had to. He knew deep down she needed to at least have a normal teenage life; at least for a bit.