Chapter 12 : Date

Shehnaaz stood in front of her little wardrobe, trying to pick out one outfit that would suit the occasion. She smiled as her mind went back to his message a few minutes ago.

After the whole scenario, she felt worthy enough of herself. She felt that she mattered,that there was at least somebody who didn't think of her as a lost cause like everyone else she had come across earlier did. She was still engulfed in a hug, his arms holding her into his embrace, a calmness taking over both of them.

His phone rang, breaking their sweet moment. She abruptly pulled herself a step back, her cheeks were flushed pink with the  heat as her mind registered his cologne.

"Yes" he answered the call. His tone was soft. She noticed there wasn't the usual grumpiness or "say what you have to and hang up asap" tone that he uses.

"Haan baba" he smiled.

She wondered who it was, and cleared her throat.

"Okay okay."

"Yeah. Bye." he hung up, his face had lighted up.

He took his keys and walked out, sparing nothing but a plain glance of dismissal at her. She couldn't help but feel a pang in her heart.

Just moments ago, he had took her in his embrace and uplifted her, she  felt so happy. And the next moment, his indifferent dismissal had left her wondering does she even matter?

She rushed home, masking her sorrow amidst the crowd.

Poeple really are so unpredictable.

As she landed on her bed with a thump, closing her eyes to take a brief nap, her phone pinged.

Sidharth.

"Be ready. I'll be there in 40 mins 😊"

She sat up in an instant.

"Uhm, we're still going???" she replied.

"Of course. When did I convey otherwise?"

"You rushed out.
I thought you had important business to take care of ☺️🙂✌🏻"

"2 mins wasted. You have 38 mins.
Also, What business?? 🙄"

"You should know better 😑. Bye I need to get ready."

"Aren't you being too brave acting all whiny with your boss 😏"

"Stfu. This isn't office😘
😒** "

"I didn't mind the first emoji✌🏻"

"Shut up."

"Okay. 😂🙌
Go. 35 mins."

And here she was, cursing herself mentally for being so unorganised. She picked out a white full length gown, it was so beautiful and flowy.

"Too much whiteness, main ganda kar dungi daag laga kar" she thought, keeping it back.

A few moments of the typical I-have-nothing-to-wear whining, she settled for a pink top along with her denims.  She kept her hair open, slight wavy towards the end, they cascaded down her back so beautifully. She had kept the makeup minimal, a little bit of touch up, and she was ready.

"I'm here." she saw his text and moved down, locking up her apartment.

He was leaning on his SUV, busy scrolling his phone. Her heart raced wildly inside, him in formals was something that would never fail to make her heart skip a beat. She cleared her throat, making him look towards her.