Chapter 13 : Memories

Shehnaaz stormed inside his office. Only to find out that there was no one inside. Maybe he must've got something important to attend to. She huffed at how he left all the files spread across the whole space.

She was arranging and piling them up when she felt a strong pair of arms wrap around her. She was about to let out a shriek when her mouth was pressed shut with a rough hand.

"Shhhh baby. Saare office ko khabar nahi karni hai." he said.

"Sidharth..." she gasped in relief. These endearments that he'd use now-a-days warmed her heart. 'Baby' never sounded so hot until it came from him.

"Mujhe laga.." she continued and them stopped, as he sniffed her in. She felt horripilation take over all her body as his warm breath fanned the back of her neck.

"Kya laga?" he asked, looking at her through the reflection in the glass window in front,swaying her with him slow.

"Ki aap kahi gaye ho. Aur main darr gayi thi." she pouted.

He chuckled at the cuteness in front of him.

"Phattu" he said.

"Don't make fun of me" she scoffed back at him.

"Or what? Miss Gill" he smirked, taking a seat on his chair.

She smiled.

"You have a meeting to attend in about an hour , Mr Shukla. Better think about that. " she reminded him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Her phone pinged with a message as she made her way out of the conference room.

Sidharth
Free ho? Sham ko?

Shehnaaz
NO.

Sidharth
Kal weekend hai. What work do you have, Miss Gill?

Shehnaaz
..........

Sidharth
I wanted to take you somewhere.

Shehnaaz
Kaha?

Sidharth
Taaron ke sheher 🤣

Shehnaaz
Don't talk to me bye. 🙂

The next second her phone rang. She picked up irritated.

"What?" she almost shouted.

"Shehnaaz mazak tha baby." he said

"Aapke liye to sab mazak hai" she hung up.

It was her time of the month. Mood swings were driving her crazy. And littlest of things were pissing her off. She waited for a text, maybe he'd ask her what happened, all throughout her way back home. Or maybe he would call her again. She was being ridiculous, given the fact that she knew he was stuck up with work. Well, he didn't. And that pissed her off more.

She was half-way making pasta for herself, when she felt a sharp pain in her lower abdomen. She went to the washroom, taking out an extra napkin to change. As she stepped outside, a burnt smell reached her nose.

"Fuck" she muttered under her breath. She ran to the kitchen and almost wanted to slap herself for forgetting to turn the flame off.

Annoyed with how things went wrong, she cleaned her kitchen and sprayed a room freshener to get rid of the smell that slowly began to fade away.

She plopped down on her sofa, and broke down in irritation. Moments later, she heard the doorbell ring.

"Kisko maut aa rahi hai ab?" she shouted in frustration and opened the door.
Sidharth stood there, leaning on the wall.