Chapter 10 : Stealing A Kiss

He felt suffocated, he suddenly found it difficult to breathe. So he left the hall,and went towards the secluded balcony to get some fresh air.

And that was when he heard her muffled sounds.

"Mppphhh... Leave me" he heard her shouting.
And then, the sound of a slap,followed by her scream.

"Let. Go. Of. Me" the words were hardly audible.

He looked around, searching for tue direction where the noise came from. He could clearly make it out it was hers. Shehnaaz's. And the painful cry she let out seconds ago made him restless.

He found a small passage that connected the balcony to the back - end of the hall. And there he saw it.

She was struggling to free herself from somebody's holds.

Somebody was forcing himself on Shehnaaz.
In front of his goddamn eyes.

Before he could process it, he harshly gripped the man's head from behind, making him loosen the grip on Shehnaaz. She slid out, almost as if it was a reflex action.

She stared with horror, wide - eyed, as Sidharth punched his abdomen. She was waiting for him to see the man's face. She knew it'd be a shock for him, because it was a shock for her.

And when Sidharth turned the man to see his face, he almost felt as if the earth under his feet slipped away.

Sahil.

He knew Sahil had been flirtatious and cheesy, a typical Casanova, but never in his wildest dreams had he thought he'd stoop as low as to force a woman to have his way. He felt a surge of anger rush in him and landed a hard slap onto the vile man's cheek. Grabbing him by the collar he shouted at him.

"What the fuck do you think you were doing?" he shouted.

"Oh don't you even start. I know you were there in her room 2 days ago. You see bro, hoes like her, they'll be ready for men like us. "

"Mind your damn tongue or I'll rip it off myself, Sahil. Never thought you'd stoop this low to force a girl. Looks like I didn't knew you at all." he said through clenched teeth.

"And she isn't one cent of what you think of her to be. What I do with her or when do I visit her is none of your concerns. So fuck off, Sahil, for good now."

Sidharth pushed Sahil with a force that he almost stumbled, the influence of the alcohol further making him lose his balance.
He caught hold of the wall to prevent himself from falling down.

" I'm s...sorry " Shehnaaz, who was watching all this silently, teary - eyed, and shocked to the core by the events, suddenly uttered through her sobs.

He looked towards her. She was sitting by the support of the wall, her hands pressed to her mouth, trying to not make sound as she screeched and cried, teary - eyed.

"Hey.. Hey..." he took large steps towards her and sat down to equal her level.

"Why are you sorry!? If anyone should be sorry, it should be that bastard and not you."

He gripped her shoulders and shook her as the words left his mouth.

"Mere wa.. Wajah se aap dono ki ladayi hui" she said.

"Pagal ho tum? Tumhare wajah se? For God's sake, Shehnaaz, stop blaming yourself for everything."

"I.. I want to go" she said, after a few minutes.

"Come, I'll take you" he said.

She stopped, swaying her head sideways, indicating a no, and cried again.